“Good Neighbors!”
Review of Buona Sera Inn

Buona Sera Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I am 42 years old and have traveled extensively from coast to coast beginning at a very young age on cross-country trips with my Grandparents. I had the good fortune to stay in the Presidential Suite at the famed Ritz Carlton, Laguna Beach and even owned a timeshare in Palm Desert, CA... I share this to hopefully add weight to the fact that my opinion of the Buona Sera Inn comes with much comparison. I have NEVER seen so much pride taken in an establishment like this in each and every little detail. I titled this "Good Neighbors!" because I too live here in Grants Pass and the owners made me feel more like a cherished neighbor invited in to their home, than just some average guest in an average hotel. You just have to experience it for yourself... you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I believe you won't be disappointed with any room here!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank S A

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Buona Sera Inn several times and it is by far the cleanest Inn I have had the pleasure to stay in. Every room has a different theme and is exquisitely decorated. The owners are absolutely the sweetest, kindest couple I have ever encountered at any hotel I have ever stayed in. They will do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. They have coffee every morning and a continental breakfast. Every room has a frig, microwave and Direct TV. Some rooms even have a kitchenette. I won't stay anywhere else whenever I am in Grants Pass. Bravo!

Room Tip: ALL rooms are clean, clean, clean.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Take yourself a little further into town from I5 and you will find this, charming, owner operated motel. We concur with most other reviewers. This is a little gem. It is super clean, the rooms are charmingly individualized and spacious. The owners have clearly put a lot of time and effort into making this motor court motel unique and attractive. The owners are very friendly and want you to be happy during your stay. The continental breakfast is minimal, but coffee is good and each room is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and nice dining table, so we enjoyed the granola, yogurt and fruit, we had brought, in our room. A note for those planning a longer than one night stay - there is at least one room equipped with a kitchenette that is very nice. Finally, this place is within walking distance of several restaurants. We would definitely come back to the Buono Sera

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Mona Lisa Room for one night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cooptown-travelers
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I travel between California and Grants Pass frequently to visit my children and finding the Bueno Sera has made future planning a breeze. Super clean, cozy, open and friendly proprietors. Irene and Peter care immensely about their business and clientele Don't hesitate, you'll feel right at home!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was a nice, clean, small motel run by a charming couple. Very conveniently located in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaNelltravels
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Wow! My wife and I were headed back to Portland and needed a place to spend the night. After having stayed in all of the big chain motels and being afraid to walk across the carpet in our bare feet let alone sit on the bed spreads, this motel was a breath of fresh air! I had talked to Irene on the phone when I made the reservations and she said something that struck home with me...she called Peter and herself Inn Keepers of thier motel. They are not the managers who are just putting in thier shift...they own and maintain this motel. They are old world inn keepers who take great pride in maintaining a clean and well kept rooms. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: I would guess that they all are as nice as the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I travelled from Kellogg Idaho to Washington and then headed to California, and got advice on where to stay from Trip Advisor for each stay. I was thrilled! The Buona Sera Inn was a quaint and a home-like place. Irene was super sweet with my reservation, and her dog is a real cutie. I had the room named Tranquility. Beautiful bedspread, furniture, hand-painted details in the bathroom, cool wood slat ceiling, and real wine glasses to drink your local Oregon wines from. Also a frig and microwave. It also had Direct TV and Internet access. I also go a recommendation for a authentic Mexican restaurant and was not disappointed. Downtown Grants Pass is decorated pretty nice for the holidays, so that was a nice plus to walk the streets in the early evening.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo