“nice small motel”
Review of Buona Sera Inn

Buona Sera Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was a nice, clean, small motel run by a charming couple. Very conveniently located in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaNelltravels
There are newer reviews for Buona Sera Inn

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Wow! My wife and I were headed back to Portland and needed a place to spend the night. After having stayed in all of the big chain motels and being afraid to walk across the carpet in our bare feet let alone sit on the bed spreads, this motel was a breath of fresh air! I had talked to Irene on the phone when I made the reservations and she said something that struck home with me...she called Peter and herself Inn Keepers of thier motel. They are not the managers who are just putting in thier shift...they own and maintain this motel. They are old world inn keepers who take great pride in maintaining a clean and well kept rooms. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: I would guess that they all are as nice as the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I travelled from Kellogg Idaho to Washington and then headed to California, and got advice on where to stay from Trip Advisor for each stay. I was thrilled! The Buona Sera Inn was a quaint and a home-like place. Irene was super sweet with my reservation, and her dog is a real cutie. I had the room named Tranquility. Beautiful bedspread, furniture, hand-painted details in the bathroom, cool wood slat ceiling, and real wine glasses to drink your local Oregon wines from. Also a frig and microwave. It also had Direct TV and Internet access. I also go a recommendation for a authentic Mexican restaurant and was not disappointed. Downtown Grants Pass is decorated pretty nice for the holidays, so that was a nice plus to walk the streets in the early evening.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank KathyHTP
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I stopped here on a recent vacation. The theme of the rooms are all individually designed. The owners were very friendly. An unexpected treat from the norm. They also offered valuable advice on local restaurants.

Room Tip: Go online and see their room decor - each room is has its own individual personality.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gene S
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stopped here overnight on the recommendation of Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. It's a small 1950's-style motel in a residential area of Grants Pass, but beautifully maintained and updated. Each room is different; Pete, the husband of the couple who own and run the motel, asked me whether I wanted a firm or soft mattress, and based on my choice, suggested Room 2 (firm mattress!). It was a small but very cute room, nicely appointed bathroom with stall shower, and a separate room which one could use as a dining area (microwave and refrigerator in the room) but I used the table for my computer (free WiFi)! Both owners are delightful, friendly and helpful; Pete suggested a nice restaurant for dinner and since I was leaving town early he had a suggestion for breakfast as well (they serve complimentary breakfast at the motel; I had the coffee and a fresh fig from a friend's garden but passed on the packaged muffins.) The coffee was excellent. The only issue with the motel is that it is noisy at night as traffic rolls by the window at all hours, even though the town is not large; the motel is located at the corner of two fairly busy streets. But even with this, I'd say the Buona Sera is a great place to spend a night. Rates are VERY reasonable. A bit of warning if you are trying to book your room on line through Trip Advisor's partner travel sites at the last minute: I attempted to do this, partly to see the rates, when I was sitting in the parking lot on arrival. Expedia.com told me that there were no rooms available for that night; I walked into the office and was told there were plenty of rooms. So, if you are attempting to reserve on line and are told that rooms are not available, I'd suggest you phone the motel directly.

Room Tip: Discuss room choices with the owners, based on your preference. They will guide you to the best room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Susan A
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This place was absolutely great. Just needed a place to crash for the night on our way through. The lady there was so sweet and personable. We were easy to check in quickly, she even recommend places to get food late at night and made sure we had everything we needed. Place had a very relaxing vine and the room was very cute and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank missmcawesome
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband wanted something other than the 'standard hotel/motel' during our trip to Vancouver, Wa. We found it at Buona Sera Inn in Grants Pass Oregon! This delightful motel, in an Italian motif, was more like a B & B. The grand hospitality which Irene and Peter lavished upon us was only exceeded by their enthusiasm in general for all of their guests. Our trip was delayed several hours; we called and Peter said, "...not to worry, they'd be waiting for us...". Sure enough, we were greeted by Irene, and Noel, their mascot bichon, upon our arrival. We were exhausted, and her kindness and caring during our check-in made all the difference. The room looked as though it had been directly imported from Italy, only larger and better equiped! The king bed was superior in comfort. This motel has to have walls of cinder-block! We couldn't hear a thing, and the motel is right on one of the main streets. The following morning, I took our dog, Gracie, for a nice, long walk from right outside of our room. Lovely streets, flowers blooming, cedars and pine trees everywhere.....thank you for this great escape! Laurlynn & Buz

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business