“Good food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great food, but the atmosphere is noisy and the service is erratic. We've been here numerous times over the years, and they have changed their menu, not always for the better.

There are newer reviews for The Laughing Clam

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A friend's band was appearing here one Friday night and we decided to go hear them play. We had never been to the Laughing Clam before so decided try it out. We were very surprised as our original aversion was due to the exterior apperance of the establishment in the historical downtown area of Grants Pass.

We made a reservation, which I would advise for a busy weekend night as the place was packed at 6:30 PM. The restaurant has alot of historical charm with it's brick walls and tables with small lamps. The waitstaff is friendly and casual, like an old friend.

I ordered the pasta with crab and my husband had halibut fish and chips. The regular fish is cod and he upgraded to halibut for $5 more. His selection was great. I was also surprised at the generous amount of crab in my pasta dish. I tried but couldn't eat it all.

The music was loud but what one would expect in such a place. We will certainly go back for an enjoyable night. It was a beer suppliers promotional night and that brand of beer was served at bargain prices which I am sure added to everyone have a great time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stopped by because I heard the bar was something to see. It is a really nice old historic piece.
The restaurant itself is dark, loud and cold. The food took forever and was not worth waiting for. The taco soup was okay if you only want 3 spoonfuls for $5. Two drunks fell off their bar stools while we were there and had to be put in taxis. Not a good family place,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good beer, worth going for the fish and chips or fish tacos. Friendly staff, other nice shops in the immediate area.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just plain greasy. Rude staff. Long wait for drinks (but no, you can't order two!). I think they think they are the stuff in GP because it's crowded, but that's because it's so dang small (not their fault, just fact). If the band would tone it down (a lot read: half volume), they would get a better deep fryer, and lose the attitude, it would be more fun. Fish and chips is good, but beware - all that grease will cause a mail call later at the worst time. Beautiful old bar, worth seeing. My rec: go for lunch or early dinner before the crowd gets there and the staff get overwhelmed.