“Great breakfast !”

Elmer's Restaurant - Grants Pass
Ranked #6 of 206 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great breakfast !”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had heard this place is an institution in Grants Pass and I found out why ! The breakfast was amazing and the choices were wide! The wait staff were very attentive and genuinely friendly and interested in us. I was sorry I didn't return for another meal !

Visited November 2012

Southern Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place to have a meal”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Looks nice, staff was nice, food was good. It is a very pleasant experience when I went there last. Now that I write this I think I will go back and have another meal there.

Visited December 2011
London
“Like Dining with Friends”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Reason we went was because this was next to our hotel and we were tired and didn’t want to drive any more.

Never heard of Elmers before and had no preconceptions. It is like a standard USA chain restaurant in decor — with booths around the edge and added chandeliers.

Monday night in November and it was quiet. But the staff were so enthusiastic and friendly. Food was as promised (you can see the menu on their website), I had the Flat Iron Steak (no idea what that means but the steak was flavoursome and tender) and chips (fries), came with carrots and some enjoyable al dente broccoli flowers, onion rings and a large house salad – which had a goodly portion of olives, yummy.

Mrs Pontac had the rib-eye with jacket-potato and clam chowder, which she greatly enjoyed but couldn’t finish because there was too much.

As wine-lovers we were interested in the wine list. They serve two white (inc one white Zin) and two red by the glass, on request they could serve a bottle of them, but after checking with the manager confirmed we could drink our own wine for $5 corkage. Luckily :) we had a case of good wine in the car.

We really enjoyed our meals and the wait-staff and manageress were fantastic, it was like dining with friends.

Not ‘fine-dining’ (whatever that means) but in its category, and thanks to the staff, a worthy 5 star ‘excellent’ score.

• Visited November 2012
Gold Hill
“Bloody Mary's”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow, nothing like a great bloody mary with a crab omlet. Really. o.k., not everbody drinks for breakfast. But the coffee is a specialty....

Visited October 2012
Seattle
“Elmer's Grants Pass”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Liked this very much! Good food, good service! I had breakfast for dinner and loved it! The service was fab!

Visited September 2012