“vacation”

Elmer's Restaurant - Grants Pass
Ranked #7 of 204 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Graham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Food is great something for everyonefrom organic green salads to homestyle mashed potatoes and gravy pot roast; service is wonderful as well.

Ashland, Oregon
“Lame Franchise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Okay, my expectations were low as I've eaten at other Elmer's locations. We tried this one because we were on the road and had a coupon. They didn't even meet my expectation of average for the typical lame freeway dining franchise.

We had the coupon on the table when the waitress arrived. She stared at it with a frown before taking it with a disapproving huff. When she returned to take our order she just stood there with her pad and pen without saying a word. My wife planned to wait her out but I placed our order.

Our breakfast took way too long for a very empty restaurant. The country fried steak w/gravy was terrible. The hash browns were not crispy as I requested (although few restaurants make an effort to meet this request) and the biscuit was dry and obviously warmed in a microwave. To their credit, my wife liked her German pancake.

It's also worth mentioning the industrial size TP dispenser in the tiny toilet stall prevented me from having a pleasant bathroom experience. And I think the fly buzzing around the dining room had accompanied me in the bathroom.

Not that I expect the Shari's restaurant right next to this Elmer's to be any better but there are other options at this Grant's Pass freeway exit.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lostinoregon
Auburn, WA
“Always Good Food At Elmer's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This restaurant is owned by a family that owns 5 Elmers. The server was a guy named Cody, and to say his attitude and approach to serving was outstanding is a gross understatement. This guy is going to make a great manager if he chose to do so.

Food at this restaurant is always good. I dine here every July on my overnight stay in Grants Pass. Yes, there are other great restaurants in Grants Pass, but this is next door to the Best Western (on the south end of town) and the Holiday Inn Express.

Riverside, California, United States
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food was excellent and wonderful service. It was convenient to our hotel.

1 Thank Alice G
Chicago, Illinois
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The pancakes are very good. I did not eat there for any other meals but breakfast is A+.

Visited June 2012