“Trim and Tasty.”

Cuisines: American
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Trim and Tasty.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Applebee's is now offering tasty lunches and dinner that include entrees that are lower in calories and reasonable in price. My problem in the past when trying to diet, is to eat things I do not care for and that I go away hungry. The new menu choice changes all that and offers shrimp, steak and other delectale dishes to chose from. Also, you can order a chocolate desert that is bite size, and worth the splurge.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Highly comercialized, overrated food experience.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

They do what they do quite well for a chain as big as Applebees. They serve up salty greasy food that was previously frozen. It is about the quality of the high end frozen entre's you can get at the supermarket. Their food is overpriced. They do have a low calorie menu. I thought I would reduce the damage to my arteries by trying that. I made an interesting discovery. The low cal version of their entrees was simply a smaller portion! I thought it would be more fresh and wholesome with less grease. It was just a tiny portion! The brains behind the menu are genius! Pay more for less-- make the customer think he is following the doctor's orders and go low cal. GENIUS! I will avoid the place if possible. Someone gave us a gift card for Christmas so we went again. There is nothing special about the food. They don't have a chef. There are teenagers warming up frozen entrees in the kitchen.

Visited December 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Am I The only One that gets his steak at room temperature???”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

You know it is really frustrating when you eat out and your food arrives at room temperature, just barely warm. We had not eaten here for over a year, mainly because it takes forever to get your food. I am thinking the long wait is because they want all the drinkers that eat out to order lots of drinks before the meals arrive and then they won't know how the food is. I ordered a steak dish, medium well. It looked really great in the menu picture. It arrived nearly 30 minutes after ordering and was a lot smaller looking than what the menu showed as a giant food covered plate. The presentation on the plate was like 3/4 of what the photo showed and was not a good looking presentation on the plate. Like it was just tossed on the plate and messy looking. The food was scattered all over the place. By the way it is a Saturday about 2 in the afternoon. The place is only 1/3 occupied so there was no reason for the late delivery or the sloppy presentation. Everything on the plate was just warm but you know I ate it that way because I didn't have another 1/2 hour to hang around for a new dish. Flavor was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5. My wife ordered a chicken dish and it was steaming with heat and each bite had to be blown on to cool it off a little to eat it. Super meal for her, hot and full of flavor and that is the only reason this is not a "terrible" rating. At the end of the meal I indicated to the waitress the condition of my food, that it was not hot, and saying it was warm was being generious and i asked her to please pass the info on to the kitchen, (which I don't think she bothered to do). She indicated I should have told her and she would have sent it back. I told her I ate it the way it was because I didn't have an hour and half to have lunch. I also indicated I was not looking for a discount or a free dessert but I must say that I should of asked for something because of her, "luke warm" attitude. She basically said she was sorry but you could tell she didn't care. The menu in Applebee's is large and will have your mouth watering but the long wait and non-hot dish I got will not bring us back here again for a long time. There are over 80 places to eat in our town and for what we spent on our meal we could have had a couple of totally good meals for both of us elsewhere. We won't be back again for a long time. There are many better places that are interested in our business.

• Visited November 2012
Gold Hill, Oregon
“Great food poor service”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great food but very bad customer service, we got our food and we dident see the waitress until we were done and she had our check, and the resturant was not busy we had to ask Anthony the busboy for more drinks he was picking up all the waitress slack good job to him he was working very hard and thats why he received the tip and not the waitress. Thanks Anthony!

• Visited November 2012
Gold Hill
“Onion soup”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The best Onion soup you can find. The best spinach salad you can find. The best service. The best atmosphere. Just the best

Visited October 2012