“A fun evening!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Bohemian Bar and Bistro
Ranked #24 of 202 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy tavern style bistro with fresh food and great drinks. Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner. Serving only local NW beef from sustainable & free range ranches; Double R Ranch & Snake River Farms of Idaho. Great burgers, steak, seared ahi, halibut + house smoked turkey, pork & brisket. Fondue & Brew Night (1st Tuesday), Whiskey Wednesday & Wine specials (3rd Wednesday), Jazz Night (usually a Sat) + live music & local art.
“A fun evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We met friends here last night for an early dinner and were surprised at how crowded it was so early in the evening. Gabriel was our waiter and he was delightful. He brought out samples of wine when we couldn't decide which to choose. The guys had the steak, with your choice of sauces, which was good, I had the ahi tuna burger which I loved but the bun was cold, like refrigerator cold. It came with a nice salad or choice of fries, (or slaw?). I would have this again maybe just ask them to warm or toast the bun. My friend had the halibut which is what I usually order and it was to die for. Word of caution their house Chardonnay is terrible, it is "Swallow". I'd love to make joke about that but I will spare you. I wish they could find another good cheaper label. Go for the more expensive one ~$9.00. Thanks again Gabriel for a fun evening!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
thebohemianbar, Owner at The Bohemian Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. The bun definitely should have been warm and will be! And Gabe is a great staff member. We're happy you had a good time & great service. I agree with you on the house chardonnay and we do have 2 new chardonnays going on to the list; Radius (WA) and Serra Vineyards (right here in the Applegate). We will be happy to have you taste both the next time you are in. Thank you again for your feedback...
Jill Dini
The Bohemian Bar & Bistro

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't believe we haven't been here before. The food is amazing! We loved the atmosphere also. My husband and I ordered the Clams and peppercorn steak--YUM! We will absolutely be back. We to thought the music might be a little louder then it should have been, but like mentioned before it quieted down right when the talented artist came on stage.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JennyJango
London, United Kingdom
“MY BEST EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This bar is possibly the best food and drinks i have incounterd :) amazing ! havent lived until you have visited

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank scarlette h
“A moment to ourselves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way home from town. We were pleased to see that it is in open, we are usually only in town on the weekends. We were seated to a nice table with about 10 or so people in the restaurant. Being in a small venue it did seem very loud, could be the older style building. People seemed to have to raise their voice to speak, however when a young man began playing the guitar the crowd quieted down.
The food was good and the service also. Beer selection is the same all over town, thanks to the fact that beer vendors push the same products in every market to make sales quotas, I would like to see a better beer selection in town, I can get these products any day anywhere. I want some originality. Otherwise the food was very good and the prices are not too bad.

• Visited October 2013
“Lame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Overall... pretty much everyone in here thinks they're better than everyone else. The food is ok. The service is mediocre. But the general feeling and atmosphere received contains an incredible amount of suckage. If you don't mind this then you will probably really enjoy the Bohemian. But if you are HUMAN and react to feelings and emotions, this place will reek of lameness. I will never go in here again... basically because I don't want to give them my money.

• Visited September 2013