“Excellent Lunch Experience”

Ranked #24 of 208 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cozy tavern style bistro with fresh food and great drinks. Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner. Serving only local NW beef from sustainable & free range ranches; Double R Ranch & Snake River Farms of Idaho. Great burgers, steak, seared ahi, halibut + house smoked turkey, pork & brisket. Fondue & Brew Night (1st Tuesday), Whiskey Wednesday & Wine specials (3rd Wednesday), Jazz Night (usually a Sat) + live music & local art.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a lunch that was out of this world! The service was quick and friendly, even though it was busy. I had heard from many people that this was a great place to take clients and they were totally correct! I went as a solo but the next time I have a business lunch, I will take them. This place also offers dinners and has a great looking bar. It also has an excellent bar menu.

There are newer reviews for The Bohemian Bar and Bistro

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Bohemian is the newest boutique restaurant in Grants Pass. My friend and I went in for drinks and appetizers, and was pleasantly surprised. The BBQ pork sliders are awesome and so is the flat bread pizza. Give this a try for happy hour,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ate at the Bohemian as part of a xmas party with a group of 15 people. There was one waitress who didn't have a clue on what she was doing. Brought the wrong food. Made the wrong drinks. Was surly, unhelpful and argumentative. Helped herself to an 25% tip after hideous service. Wouldn't feed my dog with the food from this place. Danger Will Robinson!!! Avoid the Bohemian at all costs.

1  Thank OCMC69
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great beer selection. Food is mediocre at best. Service is not very good either. I don't appreciate it when my food comes with ingredients not mentioned on the menu and when you complain to the waiter he just shrugs his shoulders.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the second time we have been there.
I and my wife went in on a Friday night. Neither of the wait staff ever smiled nor were friendly, never greeted us like you would expect, "Hi, welcome to the Bohemian", nor were they personable.
They were kind of matter of fact.
We wanted to order something off the menu and get a couple drinks. It was happy hour, but even though we indicated we wanted the cheaper "well drinks" when we got our bill they charged us almost twice the price at regular drink prices (for rum and coke $5.50). When we inquired about the over charge they said the coconut rum was "top shelf" and cost more. It would have been nice to have the waitress say, "I'm sorry, the coconut rum will cost more, would you still like to order that?" That would have not only been courteous, but having this info before we ordered makes it much more tasteful when the bill comes, and especially when they clearly knew our desire was to save via their special pricing. They obviously did not learn that the happy customer ultimately buys more and that’s why you have the sale in the first place.
We live locally. We know many people in town and come into contact with many visitors. So we have the ability to strongly promote local businesses, and we do. Unfortunately for this place, we will not recommend it any longer.
In seeing the other reviews it looks like we are not the only ones with these same complaints. This place needs to have wait staff training done or consider rehiring others who will retain customers and grow their business, as well as represent the town in a friendlier light.
Honestly, we will never go there again, and we will definitely tell others NOT to go there. We will and do share our opinions online.