“Different, Delicious, Delightful!”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/abus-oasis-deli-grants-pass
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/abus-oasis-deli-grants-pass
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It is a Mediterranean type of restaurant that features an amazing selection of dishes from various regions. The shawarma is simply spectacular, the vegetable side dish has a distinctly recognized Mediterranean flavor. The dolma are well made, the rice pilaf tastes exactly right. I heard there was even a lamb soup but never got to try it because it was so popular.

The dessert section includes not only the standard baklawa but also the rarer Halava which also happens to come in a variety of forms, from original to chocolate. There was not a single food item I was displeased with and I have been throughout the Mediterranean and sampled the authentic flavors.

The restaurant was described by several passers by as the best outside of Portland and I consider the description just. The prices for the super sampler are laughable since the amounts involved can satisfy even my enormous appetite for three days.

The couple managing the restaurant is friendly and efficient, the decor is properly descriptive, I think I have recognized the Asian folk hero Haj Nasruddin on one of the walls in his happily laughing pose.

There are many restaurants that could be tried without a single regret, Abu's Oasis stands out in the area as a unique opportunity that no serious traveler or explorer could afford to pass.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love this restaurant. No fancy atmosphere, but the food is so delicious, and the people are just great. Try the shawarmas, they are delicious. Or give the sampler a try...it's perfectly lovely as well. Also a great place (maybe the only place) in Grants Pass to get middle eastern groceries. Definitely in my top ten for the Rogue Valley.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have never had even a slightly sub par meal here. The food is amazing. I have esten here every time I am in grants pass and will continue to.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'd always heard good things about Abu's but never considered going until I was taken. Wow. So delicious. Literally mouth-watering. I couldn't stop eating my food and then it was gone and I wanted more, but I was full. So glad I went.

2  Thank emrobe34
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is all about delicious food with big portions. There is no real ambiance here-- maybe third-world-butcher-shop ambiance-- but I don't care about that. These people are serious about what they do in the kitchen and that is why they are making a go of it in Grants Pass. It is clean in there and the food is a delightful adventure. Looking at the shelves full of foreign delicacies for sale, it is easy to pretend you are in Greece or some other gosh awful place where the food is great but the country is in chaos. It is a great place to go and eat good food with friends.