“Great tasting experience”

Wooldridge Creek Winery
Ranked #8 of 30 things to do in Grants Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: At Wooldridge Creek Vineyard, Winery, Creamery and Charcuterie, we specialize in small batches of wine, cheese, and charcuterie (meats and vegetables) available only at our estate tasting room. As the first combined winery, creamery and charcuterie in Oregon, we invite you to visit and taste our estate wines and small batches of artisanal cheeses and meats.
Pittsburgh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great tasting experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Beautiful drive on a sunny day to this Winery. It was fun seeing the different vine varietals labeled along the drive into the Winery. Tasting I think is $10, but I believe credited against a purchase. (Why don't more of these reviews mention prices for the tastings at the various places?) I don't normally like Chardonnay, but really enjoyed the one I tasted--not as oaky as most I have tasted. I drink Pinot Noir, but it's normally not my favorite. The one I tasted was fruitier and a little more full-bodied than most I've had. I was a little disappointed by the Warrick Red blend, but it showed promise with aging. The Port and Brut were both exceptional to me. Much better than I ever expected. Wines were a little pricey to me, but I bought a half case. The folks serving were just as nice as could be, especially since I came at the end of the day--just really friendly--adding to the warmth that I was already feeling from the wine.

Visited May 2013

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Wine - Fantastic Folks”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have been a member of the WC wine club for three years. Having lived in Grants Pass, Oregon, my wife and I spent many days at this winery and have become close with the owners and staff.
After moving to Denver, we really appreciate their wines even more. The wines are very traditional and age well. My favorites are the Syrah and any Cab. If you swing by, make sure you ask for Lewis and Vino; quite possible the best pets I've come across.

Grants Pass, Oregon
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Excellent wines”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Wooldridge Creek Winery produces several wines (? Ten or more). I am a local and have tasted all that they offer. They are consistently of excellent quality. My favorites are the Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir (try the 2010), and the Warrick Red which is a blend.

The staff knows the wines well and are very friendly. Tha setting is beautiful...a great place to spend a couple of hours.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great views, very good time, and well worth the stop! Make this your 1st winery stop near Grant's Pass.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was our third (and best) stop on our brief winery tour. The tasting room is a quaint one that holds about a dozen with some additional seating on the inside. Outside, there are several tables. There is also an upstairs, which we did not see. Regardless, the room was well-equipped, nice, and the views were simply breathtaking. The major shame is that they don't have an on-site restaurant or kitchen, otherwise this would be a mandatory dinner place. Very good wines with some nice food overlooking the valley and vineyards...not much better! The price for the tasting was $10/person.

The woman working the wine room was knowledgable and entertaining. She engaged every group that entered, spent time talking about the wines, and no matter how busy they were, she made every feel as though they were the focus of her attention.

It didn't hurt that the wines were genuinely good, and the atmosphere positive.

All in all, this was one of the best wine tasting rooms we've visited in years. It was, overall, better than other ones and only a few minutes further up the road. If you are going to visit wineries near the Rogue River, ensure you go here. You will be glad you did!

Ashland, Oregon
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This young couple makes some great wines. Their tasting room and patio has a spectacular view of the Applegate Valley.