“Average dinner but staff friendly”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #16 of 205 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
california
“Average dinner but staff friendly”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a average black bear but the staff is very good, next door to Shilo Inn close to highway 5. They have a nice kids menu

Visited July 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Slow service subpar food.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Meet another couple there for dinner. Service was slow and the food was not up to my standards. My friend had a piece of plastic in her salad:-( We have given them several chances over a couple of years to get there act together. No more chances. Too many other restaurants in town with better food and service. The management needs to work on being more professional. You don't have employees congregate at a table in the dining room for their breaks.

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Oregon
“Popular Place”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good food and plenty of it, prices reasonable. One glitch- We seemed to be fourth or fifth in line to be seated. We had signed in and our name was called very quickly but people who I think were ahead of us were still waiting. It was very confusing with people waiting to pay and people waiting to sit down.

Visited July 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

While staying at a hotel close by, we decided to go to the Black Bear for breakfast. The service was fantastic as well as the coffee and breakfast. We wished we had gone there for dinner the night before. It's a gem.

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Now, that's a good portion!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I greatly enjoyed the Black Bear. I ordered a meat loaf and it did taste home made. But what surprised me the most was the size of the dinner. I am used to devouring enormous amounts of good food, to the point of helping my wife and friends to finish off their dishes. But this one even I could barely handle by itself. It was very impressive to get so much good food.

The atmosphere was also very charming. The restaurant uniquely capitalized on its title and made the black bear into a theme for a small gift shop at the entrance which proudly presented stuffed animals, mugs, tea shirts and other paraphernalia. Other restaurants have their icons but Black Bear is one of the few I have seen who take the concept so seriously.

Overall, I was very impressed.

• Visited November 2013