“Food is wonderful”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Food is wonderful”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We always try to hit a Black Bear Diner in our travels. They have a wonderful breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of cute bear statues, etc. and is a pleasant place to dine.

Visited May 2014

Manchester
“Decent enough cooking, plentiful portions, excellent Service...”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Travelling on my own and staying in a nearby hotel, the Black Bear Diner gave me a warm welcome, filled me up with some decent food at (what I consider to be) a reasonable enough price.

The menu seemed to be quite comprehensive, full of the sorts of things you might expect from a diner, and I had no trouble finding a dinner option that I liked the sound of.

The service was excellent, not over the top, but attentive, all the same.

The atmosphere was fine. It was not so busy in the early(ish) evening and I could sit and read without interruption.

The food, when it came, was plentiful and tasty.

I'd be happy to dine here again when I am next in the vicinity.

• Visited May 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Ok place to eat, not anything special...................”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have eaten here before. I think it was when they first opened up, somewhere about 3 years ago. Food is okay, nothing special, maybe about the same as Shari's or Denny's. The main reason we don't eat here is the noise level when it is crowded. This trip was after lunch and there were only 3 tables in use. We had the fish meals. Good when we ate them but later on our stomachs were upset. Waitress took good care of us. We will return one day but not in a hurry to do so. They are in Medford and Yreka locations too and maybe other locations. We did have breakfast in Yreka once and it was good but again nothing special and we wouldn't drive extra miles to eat at one. Try one, it may become one of your favorites to eat at but not ours.

• Visited March 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Not for me.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I guess this is just not my kind of restaurant so I can't blame that on the place. The menu is for folks who enjoy large portions of greasy, salty food. Kind of like truck stop fare. That being said, the place has a huge (no pun here) following and the parking lot is always full.
I think I'll just drive on by!

• Visited November 2013
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Food is very good.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Service was good, interested wait staff and food excellent. It's a nice relaxed place with some appropriate music in the background. There's a great menu selection though somewhat very overpriced. There's lots of food so go hungry or get a take out bag. Staff again was very nice.

• Visited April 2014