“Yikes!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was passing thru on a long road trip and decided to stop here for lunch. I've never been to a Black Bear Diner before. The place was practically empty. The waitress brought my drink and accidentally spilled the entire glass of diet cola onto my chest. She felt very badly and helped me clean the mess. Luckily I had a change of clothes with me because my shorts, shirt, and even socks were soaked with cola. It also drenched my leather purse and travel journal. After I got dried off and ate my lunch, the manager gave me the bill and told me the soda was "free." Really?! The waitress drenched me literally from head to toe and they don't charge me for the SODA? I was embarrassed and offended. The right thing to do would have been to cover my meal or at least give me a voucher for next time (there won't be a next time). It was a total accident and I don't really blame the waitress--she should have been paying attention but things happen and she obviously felt bad. But the manager? Unbelievable. Also I ordered the granola pancakes and they were truly awful--dry yet chewy in all the wrong ways.

1  Thank Carpediemkath

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped overnight in Grants Pass and this restaurant was across the street. It is very clean, friendly service, good atmosphere and a wide variety of food choices on the menu. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone for a reasonably priced great meal!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved the decor - very "Paul Bunyan" even down to the shirts, suspenders, and jeans of the wait staff. The piney furniture was comfortable and clean. Pure comfort food served quickly and hot. We were staying at the hotel next door so we had both dinner and breakfast. We will make it a point to stop here again on our travels.

1  Thank HBDoug
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Love going here, this is the second time my family has came to this restaurant. There where seven of us and it was 55.00. Pretty well priced food. Great food too. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Burned, dry and cold hash browns. Fried dried out Tortella's. Coffee and scrambled chorizo eggs were just okay but luke warm. Rancho's Huevo's Verde served with no verde (they were out) and the tortella's again were fried and dry. Unacceptable