“Worse breakfast ever”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Burned, dry and cold hash browns. Fried dried out Tortella's. Coffee and scrambled chorizo eggs were just okay but luke warm. Rancho's Huevo's Verde served with no verde (they were out) and the tortella's again were fried and dry. Unacceptable

There are newer reviews for Black Bear Diner

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fish and chips was supposed to be good. Not so. Not sure what the fish was, but it wasn't good. My wife ordered something else and it was OK.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Okay. I like this place and eat there more than any other. HOWEVER, it pisses me off when the cooks can't keep the 'NY Steak Special" (two eggs, one piece of toast, and a skimpy steak) separate from the 'Hungryman NY Steak Breakfast" (3 eggs, three toast, lots of hashbrowns and a large steak). To this day, they have meesed it up about half the time. Sorry, but when I get 2 eggs, a skimpy steak and small order of HB, DON'T tell me "I'll get you another egg". I want a NEW BREAKFAST the way I ordered it. Wake up, BB cooks and READ the dang order. Better yet, OWNERS, have the servers write "NY Special" and "HUNGRY NY" instead of whatever you're doing. All that being said, I just stopped ordering the Hungryman's and go for something else. And then, I am always a happy, well fed customer. Great food when they get it right. Always freindly, and very clean place. Thumbs up!

3  Thank Dan B
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great Breakfast ideas along with the standard fare. We chose from the "A Little Bit Less" area of the menu which was still more than enough.
Good Food, fair prices.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Three of us recently spent a couple of days in GP and both mornings we had breakfast at the Black Bear Diner, our first experience with this chain. Our food choices were the usual breakfast fare: eggs, pancakes, homes fries, biscuits, corned beef hash, bacon, and sausage (one biscuit is almost a meal by itself.) It was all good and we were pleased with the service, even my picky 82 year old mother. We were saying it was the best on-the-road breakfasts we've had in years and we will definitely be back for more on our next trip. Recommended.