“Great Service! Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #18 of 204 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United Arab Emirates
“Great Service! Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I usually do not do reviews of chains, but the Black Bear Diner was such a lovely experience I am going to change my own policy:)
Our waitress was delightful. After several dismal experiences with the Grants Pass waitstaff offerings, it was so nice to have an attentive, helpful, and socially apt waitress. Ivy was excellent in every way. She was knowledgeable about the menu, perfectly attentive, and enjoyable.
We ordered the corned beef hash and the California eggs benedict. Both were excellent. HUGE! and delicious. It was November in Oregon, so I had little hope for the avocado or the tomato on the benedict, but both were ample and ripe. I would suggest splitting a breakfast unless you are hungover or especially ravenous. They truly were generous servings.

Grants Pass, OR
“When your hungry as a Bear......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had eaten at the Black Bear Diner in Medford, Oregon whenever we were over that way and had the chance. Imagine my delight when they built one here in my hometown of Grants Pass ! The atmosphere is wonderful, not noisy or music that is playing too loud. The staff is fantastic. We had a young man who I am remiss in remembering his name wait on us for a meeting we were having in the conference room and we were so impressed with his attitude and thoroughness. The food is great. I only had to send back a burger one time for being a bit on the underdone side. They do their burgers medium so if you want it well done just say so and they are more than willing to accomodate. My favorite item on the menu is the Cheeseburger. It is juicy without being undercooked, the fries are hot and fresh. From Breakfast served all day to dinner you cannot go wrong. You also should not go hungry the portions are generous. Yumm yumm ! We go here once a month as we voted to hold our club meetings here !

Meridian, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Arrived in Grants Pass tired and hungry. The diner was easy to find, the food was good and the noise level was lower than at many diners. Being able to share a conversation without so much background noise is extremely important to me. It was a pleasant atmosphere and a relaxing dinner.

Grants Pass, Oregon
“HUGE portions of pretty tasy food. Best pancakes I've ever had.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

At a restaurant or otherwise. Seriously, I have no idea what they put in them. And I don't care. Best not to think about calories when dining here. Homemade biscuits are also delicious.

Visited November 2012
Crescent City, California
“Grants Pass Black Bear”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My first visit to a Black Bear Diner was a few years back at Shasta Lake. I didn't know Grants Pass had one, was looking for someplace to have breakfast, but wasn't familiar with any in the area. As I drove, I noticed the Black Bear sign, and knew I could get a delicious and hearty breakfast there........and I did. The service was great, and my only complaint was in ordering hashbrowns instead of country potatoes. The hashbrowns weren't what I expected as far as how they were cut, and these were a little overdone. BUT, the rest of the breakfast was great and will continue to stop at any Black Bear restaurant when the appetite calls.