“Awesome Gui Cuon”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Camano Island, Washington
“Awesome Gui Cuon”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I notice this place on my way back to my motel on a trip thru GP. I stopped for lunch on my way home. I always try the cold rolls-Goi Cuon to compare. These were awesome & it took me a few bites to realize the difference. Along with the thinly slice tender chicken & vegetables there was a slice of crisp bacon. OK, so its not traditional, but it really gave it some Zap! They asked if I like spicy or regular, which meant they gave me 1/2 & 1/2 of the sauce. Very nice touch. Also, on the last wrap were included 3 nice sized shrimp. If you like Gui Cuon this is THE place to go. This is the only menu item I tried hence only 4 stars.

• Visited October 2013

Cupertino, California
“Meh”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant is catered to the western taste. I don't recommend this place if you're looking for traditional Vietnamese cuisine. But if you don't care about authenticity, the Pho Sur Special is fairly tasty. The Beef Pho, however, is rather disappointing (chewy beef and weak broth).

Customer service is great. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The price, however, is a bit steep for this caliber of food. Our bill averaged out to around $12 per person.

Visited September 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“The food is better than the location”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was fresh, tasty and plentiful, not overly spicy. One in our group said the food was pan/asian/fusion. I have no idea what that means. Plain chairs and tables, paper napkins, red and black decor. The waitress smiled through our large group and 'fresh off the trail' teenagers, and nothing smelled like burnt grease. Good food, well presented, fast, good value.

• Visited August 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Not the same”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have dined here before and thought it was excellent. Looked forward to having the same dish again,Beef Curry. The dish was noting like the last time. It was a lot of stir fry vegies with very small pieces of what I would call mystery meat. It was Chinese not Thai. The menu offers many Asian choices, Vietnamese,Thai,Chinese,and Japanese, maybe to many choices. Very disappointed and we won't be going back. The owners have opened two other restaurants in Phoenix and Medford Or. Maybe they have just over extended themselves.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good food, good value!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food is fresh and presented nicely. The dinner menu prices are some of the lowest I have seen for a quality restaurant like this. I look forward to trying more of their unique and delicious dishes.

Visited June 2012