“Good food but lacks ambiance.”
Review of Rosso's Trattoria

Rosso's Trattoria
Ranked #56 of 214 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Awesome Italian creations and sinful desserts I would only expect in an urban five star restaurant. Small, quaint historic brick setting with classical jazz music and high back booths provide a private dining experience. No tableclothes here....more small town, family run and personal first name service. Can get busy.....but so worth any wait!
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I read the reviews from previous patrons and would have to agree with the very good quality of food served. The seasonings and preparations of the dishes we enjoyed were cooked to perfection. I would have rated this restaurant with 5 stars but my husband and I felt it lacked the quite ambiance of a small Italian establishment. Immediately after walking into the place It felt a little on the cold side. Very little decor and really nothing interesting to look at. Since the place is so small it could easily recieve a face lift by adding some table clothes, a lit candle on the tables, and some odds and ends (props) set up around the place. I like to remember both great food as well as a warm experience due to a nice setting when I go out. I also would suggest bringing a warm basket of rolls and butter to be enjoyed prior to the main course with the soup and salad. otherwise I felt the service was good and fairly priced.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I really loved eating at this place! They have these big tall booths so it's like having a private conversation with whomever you're with; tables are available too. Okay, so it's not a formal or dressy atmosphere but the food is amazingly good! The pasta sauces are fantastic. And the pricing is perfect; you can also get a nice glass of wine at a reasonable cost as well. Nice Place downtown.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was just OK. But having lived on the east coast, I'm very particular about Italian food. I was bothered though by the old, musty smell of the restaurant.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Rossos has excellent sandwiches (panini) and soup. I have only been here for lunch but dinner is offered. Also, outdoor seating is available at tables on the sidewalk. Watching people can be pleasurable if lunch is casual and no business is being transacted.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are regulars here. Terrific pastas, salads, and pot pies. Soups occasionally but rarely miss (tomato bisque wasn't a bisque and was overly herbed), and any soup with chicken and rice has been superb. It serves what may be the best pasta alfredo I've had (besides my own). Service has always been just one waitperson, but they have been exceptional and have knowledge of the wine specials offered. The space is old and funky, two dining areas divided by a wall. Finally, the desert specials have been terrific. We always look forward to returning.