“On my way through Grants Pass”

Motel 6 Grants Pass
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Irvine
“On my way through Grants Pass”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first Motel 6 experience. All in all it was safe, the room was basic and clean. We asked at the front desk manager to give us suggestions for a nice dinner. He suggested a place on the Rouge River. After a long day of driving this was perfect. After dinner we walked along the river until sunset. Had a great night sleep and as suggested by the front desk walked along the downtown had coffee and breakfast and off we went. The hotel has a pool but we did not have time to use it. Good location close to Grants Pass Hwy and the 5 Freeway. If you are on a budget this place is for you!

Room Tip: upstairs away from pool unless you have kids traveling with you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Homedale, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Motel 6 is convenient to Hwy 5. It has access from either one way street that goes into or out from the town of Grants Pass. The people both at check in and check out were friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. This Motel 6 also has a swimming pool. I would stay here if I were traveling through Grants Pass.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the pool and not facing a road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at the Grant's Pass Motel 6 on a Sunday evening 6/16/13. Cost was $49.49 total with the Motel 6 on-line booking discount. The young lady at the front desk was very welcoming and gave me some suggestions for dinner as I was not in the mood for one of the nearby fast food joints. Shortly after entering my room I received a call from the front desk to inquire if everything was to my satisfaction, which it was. I appreciated the call.

This Motel 6 is the basic, prototype Motel 6. Nothing fancy, but it is clean and, the night I was there, quiet. There is a pool. In my room, #233, the bed did have a bit of a "low side" to it, which was the side next to the one bedside table. I slept on "the high side", away from the table. Probably time to replace this bed, though I slept well. The pillows were big and soft. Bath was the usual Motel 6 shower stall and sink, with the sink having one of those water flow restrictors that allows very little water to flow. Unfortunately, this appears to have become a standard at many Motel 6s. The towels were adequate. The a/c unit was efficient and quiet.

Overall, a clean room and good value. I would recommend this Motel 6.

Room Tip: Inside rooms at south & north ends face away from roads.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GTB-SFO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for an overnight before our camping trip. It must have been an extremely busy night because it was very noisy all night and the early birds were up being loud at 6 am. The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, but I'm one of those people who like it DARK when I sleep at night and it may as well have been daylight out. The curtain did not close all the way thus the room was bright which made it very difficult for me to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Silasmommy
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Motel 6 -what a pleasant surprise! Visited Grants Pass recently and was I in for a shock.
Excellent Bed, great Pool and the entire Staff is friendly and helpful. Most impressed with the location Manager and her Attitude & 'Will do/can do' disposition.
Best tip here...Listen Carefully!
The Bed was THE MOST COMFORTABLE Mattress I've slept on in the last 5-6 Months of Travel staying at places that cost 3-4 times as much as this M6.
Very happy and there's no reason this location/Motel shouldn't be Full every night. They DESERVE your Business...

• Stayed June 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here twice while driving up and down the west coast in March. The staff were friendly and the room that we had was clean and comfortable for the price that we paid. I travelled with my wife and son and everyone was happy on our first stay so we stayed again at the end of March. It is quiet and convenient as it is far enough away from the freeway to be affected by freeway noise. There are also lots of supermarkets around and gas stations so easy to get the services you need during a holiday.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken L
PNW
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very marginal even for a Motel 6. Girl at front desk was very nice but the cleaning staff were rude and just plain unfriendly. Room was marginally cleaned, thin worn bedding, ac/heating unit is noisy and does little to heat or cool the room. The main reason I will not stay again is the completely uncomfortable beds and hard as brick pillows. I have stayed here a number of times and I have never had anything close to a good sleep and almost always get up in the morning with a sore back, neck, and still tired. I actually went out and slept in the car this last time and just used the room for the shower, TV, and a place to change clothes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business