“good flavours, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of royal barge thai restaurant

royal barge thai restaurant
Ranked #37 of 200 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Surrey
“good flavours, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

thank you trip advisor reviewers - this place was as good as you said.
Went for lunch there.
Was a bit disappointed with the complimentary iceberg lettuce salad that came out until I tasted it.
Great thai dressing made the salad sing.
The main courses were likewise delicious with a very nice balance of spices , sweet , sour.
Wonderful to find a good new restaurant

• Visited November 2013

Wisconsin
“Fantastic, a true jem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the the broccoli and pork in peanut sauce (53) while my wife had the yellow curry with tofu. Honestly don't know which was better. The fresh rolls were perfect, no cabbage in then adv very fresh with lemon grass.

The live guitar player capped off the atmosphere.

1 Thank 150NightsPerYear
Camano Island, Washington
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overnight stay....where to eat? Read reviews & decided to get take out & back to motel to relax. Would have been an enjoyable eating 'in' experience as I loved the decor & a drink would have been lovely. Picked a 'new selection'....eggplant with Thai basil. They don't do *'s so had medium which left my lips pleasantly burning. Lots of eggplant & assorted veggies. Thank god! No baby corn! Huge portion-$8.99. Would eat here again...what more could you ask. Also, the waiter brought me a glass of water with lemon slice while I waited...nice touch. Note: I hardly ever get take out. I guess it's called a 'spork'....what a useless piece-o-crap. So beware travelers...keep a fork in your car!

1 Thank islandgryl
“Tasty Thai...expertly cooked.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow! So glad we checked trip advisor when looking for a quality restaurant in grants pass. This was delicious and on thursday eve had some really talented young musicians serenading us with relaxing guitar and vocals. (They are there every thursday.) What a treat! We had the spicy fried rice and the squid stir fry. :). The chef, service and bartender are all impressive. Very extensive menu. We'll be back.

1 Thank Oregonbabe
Oregon
“What a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Who would have thought? I've had Thai food all over the country and this is one of the best I've found. Grants Pass you ask?

The atmosphere is very simple. Some fake plants, large wooden tables and walls covered with slightly kitschy paintings. But, who cares when the food is this good. My colleagues and I were on a 5-day road trip across the state and this little hole in the wall took first place...and yes, we stopped at Pok Pok in Portland along with some other top choices in Bend, etc.

First of all, I should say I was truly amazed at how good the $3 garden or house salad was. First off, where do you find salads that are $3, large and augmented with a good variety of vegetable choice? Every time we sat down for a meal after this dinner, we kept comparing our overpriced salads and appetizers to the $3 salad at Royal Barge. And then...the glass noodles in a clay pot. Steaming, almost molten-lava hot. YES! So sick of lukewarm, soggy noodles. My dish was truly a masterpiece.

I'd sail on this barge any day. Good for Grants Pass. This little gem will turn this town into a destination for Thai if word gets out, they keep their prices down and stay focused on quality. Kudos to the owner of this restaurant. Don't miss this place if your roll through. Lucky you if you live here.

• Visited September 2013