“So Good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of royal barge thai restaurant

royal barge thai restaurant
Ranked #37 of 200 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
“So Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We chose Royal Barge for our anniversary dinner & we were awed. The decor is now a beautifully serene space with a combination of red & black. The wall adjacent to the comfy black booths is an elegant red with artistic representations of cherry blossom branches and small black & white photo images elegant in ebony black frames. The mural of the Royal Thai Barge accents the entire wall opposite, impressive.Table seating is available for large family groups or intimate diners. A black lacquer bar fronts the kitchen area which is neatly tucked behind black curtains. It is the staging area for beautifully crafted meals with palate pleasing surprises. Ignore the negative comments online, try the shrimp with red curry, or the new shrimp with peanut sauce and a variety of vegetables, both are outstanding. Sake or the Thai Spice Green Tea are excellent choices for adult tastes. Don't miss the Coconut, Green Tea, or Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream for a delicious ending to your meal. Truly a serene space, with a front of the house fountain & a exceptionally talented guitarist with soothing strum and pitch. A family business that desires to please. Authentic Thai Food. Don't miss this experience!

• Visited March 2013

Rogue River, Oregon, United States
“Absolutly amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been a big fan for about 8 years now. I've taken every member of my family, every boyfriend, and tons of friends. Surprisingly I order yellow curry almost every single time. I have tired a few other things and always have bites of my guests dishes. I have never once been dissapointed. They have recently done some remodelling to brighten up the place. They make the best spicy rice on the planet. I came back form alaska for a family visit and the only place I wanted to go was the Royal Barge.

• Visited September 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“I cant get enough of there saled dressing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

wow, can i get extea of that please? Im sure there foods great i just cant seam to make it past the first corse. The staff is always very friendly aswell. I recomend there chicken on a stick with there garden saled.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jerry G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, great people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

the angel wings was great and the thai barbeque chicken so out standing. love to come again

• Visited January 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Okay if you've never had Thai food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The atmosphere here has certainly seen better days, like maybe a couple decades ago. Tattered menus that I doubt have been replaced since they opened for business. They pretty much went with the atmosphere.

Ordered a very traditional dish (Pah-se-ewe), and I had serious second thoughts about choosing pork as the meat in the dish. When my order arrived it looked far from what I'd eaten in many Thai restaurants or what I'd ever eaten in Thailand. It was basically a plate of steamed rice noodles, veggies and meat - it lacked the most basic addition to it's sauce; black soy or oyster, along with fish sauce. At first I was excited that they had the traditional tray of varied chilis, then it was a huge disappointment to see the three little bowls were comprised of SZECHUAN chilis, some kind of reconstituted chili paste, and jalepenos that should've at least been put in fish sauce or anything but the juice from the can of pickled jalepenos they chose to use. Szechuan Thai - a new one for me!

It was basically super bland, so I just doctored it up with jalepenos. I just couldn't see using Szechuan chili sauce on it - after all, I went there for Thai food. I'm just glad that's all I ordered.

I'd have given them two stars, but three is fine seeing it's an okay place if you know almost nothing about Thai food.

• Visited September 2011