“Nice hotel for convention stay”
Review of Riverside Inn

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Grants pass hosted the last oaa conference, riverside inn was listed as having a conference rate as well as was the closest to the fairgrounds convention center. Happy I chose this hotel all the rooms faced the river with balconies. Staff was superb and breakfast was included... REAL WAFFLES!!! I live 30 minutes away so I can't say when I will be back for a stay but I received a 25% discount coupon for my next stay which is an incentive. Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you and everyone else from the conference who chose to stay here at Riverside Inn, it really was our pleasure to have you. I noticed you only live 30 minutes away, how convenient for your next little get-a-way! Also you may want to visit our web site and take a look at many different packages we offer. As a local myself, I know it can be easy to put off enjoying all of the area’s attractions, so we might be able to help you get out there and enjoy your own backyard!

Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here one night while traveling through to visit family. The rooms were clean and looked updated, the staff was all very friendly. Grants Pass seems to be a summer town for tourists so hopefully next time I'm through it will be during summer. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for the compliments regarding our room and staff. Grants Pass is a wonderful summer destination with many outdoor activities (rafting, fishing, hiking and much more) you should come and experience. We hope that you get the chance to visit our area again soon.

Until next time,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at the Riverside Inn.. Our room was right on the Rogue River. Spacious, clean, and very cozy.. I could hear the river at night and it was very relaxing. The service was remarkable, all the staff and even maids were extremley helpfull. I think the girls name up front was Susie, what a doll.. Very imformative, and has to be one of the friendlist people both my wife and I ever dealt with. We were over all very pleased with our stay and recomened this hotel to anyone comming to Grants Pass.. We will be back!!!!!!

RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Isn’t it great to be able to enjoy nature, yet still have the comforts of home? We’re very lucky to have someone as accommodating as Susie on our team, and we’re glad to hear you think the same. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come through our area.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just completed my second trip to Grants Pass, Oregon - staying at the quaint Riverside Inn, which sits on the shores of the Rogue River in the downtown area of that small town. My company brought 11 injured vets from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to enjoy a fishing trip on the Rogue, and staying at the Riverside Inn was the perfect start to this adventure. The entire staff was looking forward to our arrival, and one member even took the time to write notes of appreciation to each service member complete with a small box of local toffee. The rates are great, the rooms were recently remodeled, there is a nice complimentary breakfast - but there's one thing that will keep us coming back...the hospitality of the Riverside Inn staff.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony that overlooks the Rogue River.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

It’s always a great pleasure having your group here and we were all so happy to have you back again this year! Our Human Resources Manager is a proud veteran, she is the one who likes to go out and find the toffee and write you your thank you cards. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, thank you for returning to Riverside Inn for a second year in a row, and I’m already looking forward to welcoming your group again in 2014!

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall the stay was good, nice clean rooms and nice views to the river at the back. Pretty central location wise, could walk to most of the venues that we needed to go to.

However what pushed this from a good stay to a great stay was one very accommodating staff member, Gloria I believe, elderly lady working the night shift. We were returning from a wedding reception and we being quite loud, instead of scolding us Gloria offered us the breakfast room where we could continue the celebration. Won't forget it!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

We really enjoyed having your wedding party here and are so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay as well! Thank you for mentioning Gloria’s and her creative thinking on how to make everyone in the hotel happy! She’s a great member of our team and we’re lucky to have her! I will certainly be passing your comments along to her. The next time you find yourself in the area, we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Riverside is probably the best place to stay in Grants Pass and is beautifully situated on the Rogue River at Caveman Bridge. If you ask for a third floor room, it will be like being in a tree house during the summer. We were there during the Big Windy fires and had to make very last minute adjustments to our reservations because our river permit was cancelled by the BLM and we were scrambling to make other plans. The Riverside waived all minimum stay requirements and let us make reservations that suited our needs in this area emergency. It was very helpful. The only negative is that there are no laundry facilities, not even in walking distance. For an area that has so much outdoor activities, it would be helpful to have a couple of guest washers and dryers. I ended up walking to my brother's to use his facilities.

Room Tip: Third floor, Fifth Street end.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your second review for us! The smoke caused by the forest fires made for a lot of last minute changes to vacation plans for many people and I’m glad to see we were able to help you out. The smoke has since cleared, so it’s a good time for a return trip!

Looking forward to seeing you in the future,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a deal on our room so I won't be too critical. All rooms are overlooking the river but the scenery is just okay. The balcony wasn't inviting for sitting and the room was rather plain and a bit dark. The hotel has seen better days and isn't quite as appealing as the photos would indicate. Although it is on the river, the area between the hotel and the historic downtown is somewhat seedy and doesn't invite walking. The staff is very pleasant and they have a typical morning continental breakfast. So overall, I can only give this hotel an average rating but wouldn't discourage travelers from staying here if you want a decent overnight stay and can get a good discount. They do give you a 25% discount coupon for a future stay at one of their partner hotels.

Room Tip: Top floor for better view and less noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I’m sorry you didn't find your balcony as inviting as most others do, I wish I could tell from your review what room you stayed in so I could investigate it more. Many guests stay at Riverside Inn to be able to sit on their balcony and watch the river rush by, so I’m sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy it as much as you should have been able to. I’m happy to see that you would recommend us to others and I hope that you yourself decide to stay again the next time you’re in town! If you do, please contact me personally so I can handle your reservation for you and give you suggestions about the area! Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Best wishes,