“Wish we had stayed longer”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Victoria, Canada
“Wish we had stayed longer”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We only had one night at this fine hotel as a stopover between Portland from San Fransciso. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Our teenagers loved the outdoor pool. The breakfast is great - lots of variety, certainly better than most hotels offer. Since we were just there for a night, we did not pay for the slightly more expensive room overlooking the river but wished that we had - it would have been worth it. Next time, we'll stay longer too.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms looking over the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margot81
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I love seeing that guests had such a wonderful time and I certainly wish I could take at least partial credit for this, but I do believe you stayed at my sister property, The Lodge at Riverside! I’m thinking this is the case due to your mention of some of the rooms not looking over the river. At Riverside Inn, all of our rooms face the river with private balconies. I’m still happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and encourage you to try Riverside Inn the next time you’re through Grants Pass, or to go ahead with your original plan of picking a river-facing room at The Lodge at Riverside. I’m sure you’ll be pleased with either choice!

Many thanks,

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great location ! Beautiful, clean rooms and very friendly staff. Nikki was very helpful. Can't wait to come again ! Grants Pass is a wonderful place to visit. The Jet Boat ride ( next door ) is a must !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your time here! Nikki is a wonderful employee who genuinely likes her work and your review is proof that it shows! Any staff member is appreciative when a guest remembers them by name, so I’m sending you a thank you from Nikki herself. We hope to serve you again the next time you come through Grants Pass!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wonderful location, friendly staff and clean room in a charming city. The pillows could use some help, they are somewhat lumpy. Fortunately I always bring my own just in case. The large deck overlooking the river is a great place to sit and watch the river traffic, boats and birds. We did not have their breakfast, but their coffee was good. The room came with a bar fridge which made cooling our drinks for the patio easy. The AC unit was loud, but the patio door had a screen. We found that with the AC off and the patio door open and the sound of the river our sleep was peaceful. No noise but that of nature.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moyeha
Thank you so much for your review, it means a lot to us! I’m happy you were able to enjoy your room and the balcony overlooking the river! Please remember us the next time your travels bring you through Grants Pass, we would love to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Graham, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 seperate times and always enjoy out visit! I love the views of the river and the sound of the boats motoring by, the bed linens are always crisp and clean, the rooms feel very relaxing and inviting. The only reason I docked this hotel is because the hardness of the beds. The beds are not top notch, but they do the job. The pool is always clean and they have created a relaxing atmosphere in the pool area. We have always enjoyed the continental breakfast, which is a simple and typical breakfast of muffins, fruit, cereals and a few other items mixed in. The hotel staff has always been very pleasant and helpful also. This place books up fast in the summer and unfortunately we were not able to book a room here this year, but we plan to be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for leaving a review about your past stays, even though you were not able to stay this year! Our staff really enjoys seeing return guests so I regret not being able to accommodate you on this stay. Hopefully next time things will work out and you can stay with us again!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This location along the river is great but the property can't be compared to newer places or what you might expect in a larger city. I stayed in two different rooms. Both had ok beds but pillows that were hard as rocks. I had a cramp in my neck for hours after waking. Bring your own pillow if you stay here.

Rooms look out on the river. One of my rooms had a screen door so we could have fresh air during the night. The other one did not. The rooms have individual air conditioning units. In our first room, the AC was so loud that I thought I was next to an airplane. And, that brings me to noise level. No problems on the 3rd floor but lots of noise on lower levels.

I agree that the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is typical bagels, yogurt, bananas, make your own waffles or oatmeal. There is juice and coffee. Plus, there is a nice sized refrigerator in the room if you want to bring your own food to prepare your own breakfast.

In other words, everything about this inn is OK but average. Nothing special.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor for better view of river and less noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments about your stay with us – it lets us know where we’re doing well, and also where we should look for room for improvement. We’re having maintenance look into all of our sliding doors to ensure they all have screen doors, so thank you for giving us the pointer! The majority of our guests have very positive comments about our mattresses, but I understand not everyone has the same preferences. Perhaps on your next trip through Grants Pass, you could try my sister property The Lodge at Riverside, or even Weasku Inn – they both have pillow top mattresses. Thank you again for your comments and do hope to have another chance to serve you in the future!

Best regards,

Lompoc, California
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent two night at The Riverside Inn. It was peaceful and a great location. We had a balcony facing the river. The beds were comfortable and the rooms (we had to change rooms when we decided to stay a second night due to reservations) were clean. The breakfast room was comfortable and there was plenty of food. There was a young lady working there that was asking people their plans for the day and would give them directions or tips. She would go and get brochures for people that wanted to do something or go somewhere. Very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review! We are so proud of our breakfast staff for always giving such excellent service in the breakfast room – they really love the area and truly enjoy helping people find everything to do! Hopefully they gave you too much to do which will mean you’ll have to make a return trip to finish it all!

Until next time,

Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful view of the Rogue River and the large community park on the other side. I stayed in a regular room on the second floor, it had a king sized bed which was very comfortable. Pillows were small but there were plenty of them, they felt a little "worn out" but were OK.
The only staff I had contact with were very young (early 20's) but were professional and nice.
Prices are very reasonable for the size of room and for the great view. Nice balcony with wicker furniture, comfortable to sit and watch the kids feed the ducks and geese across the river.
The best part is the free glass of wine along with cheese and crackers each night, then right before bed they have warm cookies and milk (in the lobby).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the hotel, but I must give credit when credit is due and say that I believe you stayed at my sister property, The Lodge at Riverside. It is a lovely property and with the comments about the wine, cheese, crackers and cookies, I’m certain I sadly cannot take credit for this review! With the names being so similar and being in such close proximity to one another, it’s easy to see why they get mixed up often. When you do come back through Grants Pass, perhaps stay at The Lodge at Riverside again, or give the Riverside Inn a shot!