“Good choice”

Riverside Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
“Good choice”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Most importantly, the bed was very comfortable. The room was very pleasant with a fireplace (but at 106 degrees we appreciated the air conditioning much more). Loved having the balcony to sit and watch the wonderful Rogue River. We didn't mind the jetboats going by since we were anticipating our own trip (and it wasn't noisy in the room with the door closed.) Like having the sink separate from the shower/tub. Really liked the bench under the clothes bar for our suitcase.

The staff were especially pleasant and welcoming. Wish I had taken note of the names of the two girls who were hosting the complimentary continental breakfast. So nice to be greeted early in the morning by such cheerful, friendly and helpful people. The desk clerk (Tim?) at checkout on 8/13 suggested an alternative route to Crater Lake that saved us time and was very scenic. Very much appreciated.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Crescent City, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Anytime we need to stay In Grants Pass, we stay at the Riverside Inn. It is a beautiful location on the Rogue River and all the rooms have a balcony facing the peaceful river. We love to hear the geese in the morning. This is the best place to be if you are taking a jet boat trip on Hellgate Jetboats. You just walk across the street to the boat docks. They even let you leave your car in the parking lot during your boat trip. We also walked across the street for dinner at Taprock Northwest Grill and had an enjoyable meal on the outdoor patio, also overlooking the Rogue River. The continental breakfast at the hotel was more than adequate and the friendly staff kept everything fully supplied. We think it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda P
Hayward, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Comfortable rooms with scenic river balconies. Reasonable price. Close to Taprock Northwest Grill...just walk under the bridge. The Inn ant the River is the sister property and they looked to be about the same. Good air conditioning as it was 103!

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor away from the bridge.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SharonHayward_CA
California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After a long day of driving, a late afternoon stop at the Riverside Inn proved to be a real winner. My room was on the top floor, with a large balcony looking out at the Rogue River rushing by a short distance away through the trees. It could not have been a more lovely outlook. I sat on the balcony for a long time, reading, resting and enjoying the peace and quiet of this beautiful place. The room itself was large with two comfortable queen sized beds. The bathroom had a second sink outside the bathroom itself which was very helpful. We wandered across the street to the Taprock for dinner, outside on their terrace service area. Good food and reasonable prices added to a feeling of well being overall. Grants Pass has a lovely "old town" to wander, friendly people, and the Riverside Inn. Not much else to wish for when stopping here. They even served popcorn in the lobby from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. We left the sliding glass door open all night and could hear the river and an occasional car crossing the bridge near the hotel. The rooms have individual air conditioning which we turned off after the sun was down and the temperatures cooled off.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the Rogue River. I don't think being on the top floor makes much differ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dedphred
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Folks, Each summer I go to Grants Pass, OR to do some property management and each summer I stay at the Riverside Inn overlooking the beautiful Rogue River, and each summer I look forward to my room looking out on the river and the wonderful, warm, helpful, hospitable staff who serve the Riverside Inn. From Holly, the Front Desk Manager and all her staff, to Laura in Housekeeping and all her staff, especially Sania who has become a summer hotel friend (she even saved for a whole year and returned to me a puzzle piece that I inadvertently dropped under my bed which she found when doing her usual fabulous, detail-oriented job of room cleaning!) This year I was welcomed with a personal note from Holly and a welcome gift in my room, plus help from the front desk getting me the right room for my nearly month long stay. The folks in the Eagle's Nest breakfast area were especially friendly, helpful, and thoughtful this year. I love the new, improved wireless connection too, and the smell of fresh popcorn in the lobby. What a loved spot this is and special time I have there, in spite of coming up to work instead of play! Congratulations and appreciation to all the staff for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adele S
Grant Pass, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The room was magnificent and best view of the river of the bridge. I love the continental breakfast. Best waffles ever and love the whole look of the breakfast place. The manger Holly was very helpful at check-in helping me find a place for dinner. (Blondie's Bistro is amazing and just down the road from the hotel) . Later in the evening when I was looking for something to do Tim told me about a few local places and then wrote out directions on the map. When I checked out Katrina was very helpful and told me about Dutch Brothers coffee, now my favorite place to getmy caffeeine fix. I recommend the Riverside Inn to anyone coming through Grant Pass. I'm looking forward to my next vacation here.

Room Tip: I loved the balcony from the third floor Deluxe room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When first arriving to the riverside inn I was amazed by the exceptional front desk staff Tara and Justin , Who greeted me with a smile. My room was beautiful and had a great view of the river. I am from grants pass and was staying the night because i had family in town. The bed was so comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was yummy. Laura greeted me as i walked down to check out, such a nice lady. Cameron assisted with carrying my luggage from my room to the car. Holly and Tim were super nice and made me feel like i was at home. I will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family