“Friendly, good value, lots of dogs”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Issaquah, WA
“Friendly, good value, lots of dogs”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had a nice stay, even signed up for their rewards program. Rooms were clean, despite the large number of pets, which seemed confined to the first floor. The workout room was minimal, with only a couple treadmills and a small Nautilus, but they offered several complimentary drinks near check in and a decent breakfast. Only real negative was that we had specifically requested two rooms adjacent to one another in our reservation, and they had agreed, but then could not fulfill that request and we had to put the kids on another floor.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed August 27, 2014

It was an affordable stay with a good atmosphere. Friendly staff and clean rooms. The breakfast was just what I needed and I love the flavored water. I recommend this hotel!
The cons of this hotel was as soon as I entered my room, it had a not so pleasant smell. Then about 4 in the morning i awoke to a burning smell which I eventually thought to be the A/C over heating. Only other downfall was the awkward location coming off 1-5. You had to completely loop around a few blocks to get to the entrance.

• Stayed August 2014
Portland, Oregon, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed here many times and they are very dog friendly which is a big deal to me. The recently remodeled rooms is another big plus. The breakfast is average but that is not why I stay there, dog friendly and easy freeway access are the main drivers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank alansL7213DV
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We love La Quinta Inns and try to stay there whenever we can. This was the last stop on a 7 day, 1200 mile epic road trip. And, I made my first hotel booking mistake: booked for the previous night and not the arrival night! ugg. Thank goodness we got a room! Staff member checking us in at 10:00 PM was very friendly and there were a few cookies left too!

I spoke with the front desk the next morning about a possible refund for the previous night booking. Staff member walked the 7 feet to the manager's door (could see him sitting there), talked, and came back with the corporate response - you got billed as a no show because you did not show. I get it, I messed up. But a little more information on why the fee is applied: Was the room actually saved for us? was the hotel full and guest turned away? Maybe a little empathy with the same end answer? When I get a parking ticket, I can at least talk to a supervisor or appeal to a judge and feel a little better about why payment is required. This felt unfriendly and a red-tape response and cost much more than a parking ticket!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff P
Wauseon, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

The room we got had a bad odor in it. They don't run the hvac until the room is occupied to stay green. So I'm not sure if it was still air or dog pee that smelled. The beds were clean. The shower wall handle was coming off. The pool was nice but a bit cold. The breakfast in am was nice. They give you rest dishes to eat on. A solid hotel with a few sshort comings

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelingw6
Seattle
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed at this location for one night while driving from Seattle to California. Grants Pass was a good stopping point for us, as it was right before the big mountain range into the Calif border. I found this La Quinta Inn to be very clean with a courteous staff. The hotel grounds were clean, as well as the lobby, halls, and our room. In fact, our room seemed spotless, from the bedroom to the bathroom. We also has a small fridge, microwave, and large flat screen TV with numerous digital channels.

The hotel is by the freeway, however we didn't hear much road noise with the air conditioning turned on. In fact, I didn't hear any noise from the adjoining rooms or hallway during our visit. They also had a heated indoor pool and hot tub which my son and I tried out_ but the pool room had a really funky smell... not sure what that was about.

The free WiFi was great, as I measured it to be around 48 Mbps download speed (about the same as my Cable Internet at home!) Using speedtest.net. It was fast enough for me to stream some videos I had on my home computer system to my tablet.

Water pressure was very good in the shower, and there were plenty of outlets in the room to charge our various electrical devices. (In fact, they had a charger base on the night stand with 2 USB charger ports.)

So in summary, this hotel was very good for our family and met our travel needs. I would definitely stay here again when passing through Grants Pass.

Pros:

1) Clean hotel, grounds, and room
2) Safe parking lot and area
3) Fast WiFi Internet connection
4) Good TV with lots of digital channels
5) The hotel emailed my receipt the morning of our departure

Cons:

1) Funky smell in the pool room
2) Only had one small bottle of shampoo in the room
3) The bottle water vending machine was out of service

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cohoman
Grants Pass, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Clean inside and out, comfortable rooms with nice mattresses, convenient access on and off the freeway, very friendly service, updated furnishings, the usually La Quinta breakfast which is great for the traveler wanting to get on the road, definitely would stay again. I like the pitcher of ice water and lemons in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends