“Average one night stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for a one night stop over on our USA road trip. A bit of trouble finding it as the 2 main streets in Grants Pass are one way. Check in was busy but front desk was very nice. Our room was on the 2nd floor. This is an older building and could use a bit of an update. The 2 queen room was quite large and seemed clean. Looked like new carpet. Linens were white on the beds and they were comfy. The bathroom really needs a refurb. The bathtub has a rough anti slip bottom to it and it is dirty and stained. I am sure the cleaning staff have a difficult time cleaning them and its nearly impossible to have it come clean. Therefore the bathroom didn't feel clean. The AC was quite noisy but we kept it on to drown out the noise of the I-5 free-way which was quite loud. Our room window was facing towards the I-5. One thing that really bothered me was that the drapes did not close. They had the thin shears that stayed closed but the blackout curtains would not close at all. We needed to be up early anyways and luckily there wasn't a streetlamp shining into our room but I found that to be a bit frustrating. Breakfast was your standard fair of hot and cold food with waffle makers. Check out was easy but I was a little surprised that I was charged on my credit card when I checked in rather than them just putting a hold on the card then paying at the end of our stay. I would have preferred a different method of payment but it was already done for me so I left it. It was an average stay but the cost was good for what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the I-5
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had 41 people staying at this hotel over a three day stay and didn't have one complaint. Not bad
thanks to Debbie at the front desk.
Hotel is easy to get to, close to all our events and served Breakfast every morning. Only thing that would be nice is if they changed the breakfast up instead of the same thing everyday. and work on having the area out side the pool cleaned up more so people can sit outside enjoy the evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank todski85
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Front desk was super helpful and friendly. Had a great one night stay on the way to visit Crater Lake NP. The breakfast was good and they even had real plates and silverware. The laundry facilities and exercise room were both nice.

1  Thank PeachBelle8288
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have found that way to many people this day in age fell they are entitled to more than a speedy and welcoming welcome to Motels/ Hotels. Being a receptionist at a motel myself. I have on more than one occasion found people who are mean rude and just plain unruly. Receptionist have to be kind to guest who are not kind back. We have to answer rude calls try to get the guest whatever they want to make them comfortable, even when the guest is one of those guest who is never happy with anything. I am sure you all know the kind because if you travel and frequent motels and hotels I am sure you have stood behind one of these people or are one yourself. So lets get a few things strait. First of all we are not your Wives, husbands, daddy's or mommy's, We do have feelings we are human not robots and are sick and tired of people thinking we are the management or owners of these establishments. IF you have a complaint take it up with management do not plaster it all over TripAdvisor or the motel courtesy sights. We are not here for your entertainment. We are minimum wage employs who do as we are told. So if we are not taking kindly to your humor or are busy with other customers and are unable to get to you as soon as you show your face then please be patient and keep your rude comments to yourself and while you are putting your mean comments on these sights remember you are jeopardizing a persons job. I am putting this on this sight because I just witnessed this action and am sick and tired of seeing guest at hotels and motels mistreat front desk clerks and maids. Just like any other person on earth we try to do are jobs to the best of are ability we try to always remain kind, friendly and helpful even when we are sad or troubled due to life events. So the next time you think you are due more than the next customer when you walk into one of these establishments why don't you leave a comment card for all of us to fill out about you to be sent to your employers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sabrina W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room was average. The mattress was o.k. comfortable but the springs squeaked whenever you would move. The room was clean enough but I saw drywall dust on the floor in the bathroom behind the door, the tub was yellowed from being old, and I found a blood spot on the comforter but the sheets were clean. The pool was nice as well as a soak in the hot tub. We enjoyed the ice cold lemon water when you came in the entrance. the breakfast was typical for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BellatheBoston
A La Quinta traveler
Santa Rosa, California, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this motel. The room this time was nice, even through we got a room facing the freeway.What I wish I had known about the room is that the blackout curtains do not cover the whole window. I was woken by the light coming into the room at 5:00 a.m. Since I was meeting my son at 10:00 a.m. for breakfast I could have slept til at least 8:00 had there been sufficient black out curtains.Next time I will request a room with full blackout curtains.

Room Tip: Wonderful beds, had a great nights sleep.
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta