“Good basic hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Stayed here one night on a drive from Eureka to Seattle based on reviews I read here. A good basic hotel. Our room was clean and in good condition. The indoor pool is open 24/7, which was a nice and unusual feature. The free continental breakfast was surprisingly well-stocked (even make-your-own waffles).

One word of caution I didn't see in other reviews: This hotel is located right next to the interstate and all of the rooms on the north side of the hotel (including ours) look directly over I-5. The traffic noise was constant and mildly disturbing to sleep for those of us used to a bedroom that doesn't overlook a freeway.

Otherwise it was a good deal for the money and a decent hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Evan4Fun

Reviewed August 27, 2007

We booked two rooms for a family wedding and we had the best hotel experience of any of the wedding guests. My sisters stayed in the Travelodge and had to come to our room to iron their clothes because there weren't irons there, even at the dek! We were travelling with our three sons in their 20's. The hotel is right off exit 58 but a bit far out of town. We had to help with the wedding preparations so my sons were happy to spend time at the hotel which has free wireless. They also walked into town for lunch. There is a fantastic shave ice stand a block away. Also be sure to have the local coffee- Dutch Bros. It is far better than Starbucks
The room was adequate size with two queen comfortable beds. A big plus was the refrigerator and microwave. We bought a gallon of spring water and kept it cold. The climate is so dry you have to drink a lot. The lobby was always stocked with coffee and ice water. The breakfast is much better than continental but not as complete as a Residence Inn. Cereal, boiled eggs, Belgian waffles (tasted acidic like they had vitamin C), sausage gravy and biscuits, fruit.
We didn't have time to test the pool. The houskeeping staff was excellent

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank tute
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I found myself ,husband and 2 smal children in need of a hotel in Grants Pass,OR for my grandmother's funeral.

I was scared when I got online and checked out my choices in town(lots of run down, dirty looking motels).

La Quinta looked clean and some what updated . So, after their website malfunctioning, and calling their 800 number and having difficulties there(the lady told me they only had 1 room left with 2 double beds), I called the hotel directly.

The staff was excellent and very kind. They helped book me a queen suite with a sofa bed for the kids, and even gave me a reduced rate.

Upon arrival, the staff was jut as warm and gracious. Michelle at the front desk, even reccomended an excellent Italian place-The Bistro, a few blocks away. She also let me know that warm cookies would be served later in the evening.

The room was large and clean. Plenty of room for the kids to spread out. It was not the Four Seasons by any means, but clean and comfortable. The bed was excellent-only complaint, could use a couple more pillows. Heated indoor pool gave the kids something to do in between the services.

I really appreciate the kindess and great customer service that the staff showed. It made a hard time a lot easier.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mscrafty
Reviewed June 23, 2007

3 negatives place is trickey to get in and out.service only fair watch out for double billing. small pool small jacussi indr good. cont breakfast a good starter to the day. parking is ok. rooms very clean and size is good.nice lobby with tv newspapers etc maybe a fruit basket some drinks coffee water .

2  Thank ednobs
Reviewed June 1, 2007

This was a one night stay because we were heading to the Oregon Caves, which was great! I booked ths hotel because of what I read about on this website. I would have to say that this hotel by far had the best hotel beds I have ever stayed it, it sure helps when you are on the road. The rooms were very quiet and very large. The shower was a little small for me but nothing to complain about. Had a very nice continental breakfast for us. But what really made this hotel stand out was that the pool and hottub was open 24 hours. When you have 8 year girl that loves the pool, it makes your stay a lot better. It had a great location right off the freeway. I would stay here again if ever driving through Southern Oregon.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank slider30