“Delicious!”

Beacon Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is the current incarnation of Aja. The owner moved it and renamed it.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Amazing food! The owner, Tim, was so hospitable. It was very hard to make choices from the menu...everything sounded wonderful. Go there! You will not be sorry!

2  Thank mm9960
There are newer reviews for Beacon Bar and Grill

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We got there at 4:30; closed until 5:00. Went back based on the good reviews. What a mistake. My wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich, I ordered the "Mongolian" Baby Back Ribs.
Pork sandwich: I watched the "cook" take the cold pork out of the fridge and then microwave it in a bowl. Even heard the Beep Beep when it was done. Really? I could have purchased a microwaved sandwich from the gas station across the street for half the money. Then she dumped frozen french fries from a brown freezer bag into the fryer, like fast food. What, you guys can't even cut up a real potato? Microwaved sandwich and frozen fries. But wait, it gets better. I ordered the ribs, and that's what I got; 4 small ribs on a big white plate. That's it. Not even a piece of parsley for a garnish. The ribs were reheated in the oven, I saw it, and were way over cooked, and dry. I said there were four small ribs, actually there was also an end piece that I tried to eat but actually spit back out on my plate because I couldn't eat it. Disgusting, I know, but that's how disgusting the rib was. Even the sauce was cooked to a dry paste. For ten bucks, I got maybe 6 bites of meat off those ribs, done. I've seen the menu described as "Asian Fusion" but in reality has no sense of place. By far the worst meal we've had in Grants Pass. Seriously, I even had to double check to make sure we were in the right place. I just can't understand where the rest of the reviews came from.

4  Thank DogwalkerGP
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have enjoyed the Beacon Bar & Grill many times, since Tim and Sandy moved their Aja restaurant to this location for dinners. It is simply excellent. They go out of their way to assist my wife with her many food allergies and always come up with a delightful meal.

Let Tim help you choose a wine as he is quite savvy. Last night, one of the "specials" was lamb ragout. Tim suggested a Cowhorn syrah. The wine-lamb pairing was exceptional. Kudos! I couldn't pass up the apple crisp that was topped off with homemade ice cream - wonderful!!

When you arrive at the Beacon you will question whether this reviewer knows his stuff because the setting is rather plain, almost diner like. Wait for the meal and you will understand why I titled this review, as I did!!

1  Thank CraigAnd
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Been there twice so far both for breakfast excellent food and service prices seem to be fare.Bussiness hours are a little different from regular restaurants I here there dinners are great too Cant wait to try.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My nephew and I came into town from San Diego for a few days. I have over the years been to Grants Pass upwards of 30 times. Love the city, the river and the people. Best dinner I have had here ever. And I have had some excellent meals here over the years. I had lamb ragout. A lamb pot roast. Melted in your mouth. The sauce was rich and deep with flavors. When I went to complement the chef, a small thin Japanese/American woman, she said she just came up with it that day. Best comfort food meal I have had in ages. My nephew had the sea scallops special. 6 huge scallops with mixed vegetables and rice. Definitely could see the Asian influence in her preparation. The scallops, Jake said were perfect. Even the house salad was impressive. Mixed greens with fresh ripe tomatoes and fresh made dressings. I tried there ranch and house dressings. Fantastic! Skeptical when we walked in, amazed when we left. Thank you. W

2  Thank articmarine