“Taprock”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Taprock”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Food was good but a little pricey. The service was great but this is all about the atmosphere! The restaurant is right on the river and is beautiful. It has a nice bar and the drinks were yummy.

Santa Clarita, California
“Lunch on the River”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is located right on the Rouge River with a spectacular view. The building is beautiful with loads of wood beams and other wood finishes throughout and the exterior landscaping is very nice too. I have dined here in the past but have never reviewed it. The food is excellent as is their service. We highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Didn't even get the view!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went here for lunch because we wanted to sit down for a meal with a view of the Rogue River. We walked in. The hostess ignored us for a bit, and when I ventured a "hello," she looked up at me and responded, "yes?" Weird. When I explained that we wanted a table with a view of the river, she smirked and called over some other employee. This employee took us downstairs and tossed two menus on a table smack in the middle of a half empty room. I asked for a table next to the window, but she avoided eye contact and strolled away. So much for the scenic view.

The only reason I give two stars instead of one is because our waiter was attentive and the food wasn't bad.

1 Thank PAnn4
San Jose, California
“Food was good Atmosphere was outstanding.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were on a drive from Seattle to San Francisco and spent the night in Grants Pass. The hotel clerk recommended the Taprock Grill. It was a warm night and we were seated on the deck next tot the river. It was a beautiful evening.There were two families on the deck, one with a small well behaved child. It did not take long for the waiter to welcome us and take our orders. Both of us ordered a larger dinner salad. The order took a longer time than I had expected for salads (as there was no cooking needed), but our glasses were refilled and we had some bread on the table.
My salad was very good. It was light and tasty and just what I wanted on a warm night. My dinning partner also enjoy their salad.
We were surprised when the bill came, because there was no sales tax, so the meal was a lot less than we had expected.
I would not recommend this restaurant i you are in a hurry, but if you have time, the atmosphere and the food are definitely worth it. I would enjoy eating there again.

• Visited July 2014
Decatur, Georgia
“Premium location, everything else sub-par”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Have you ever been to a place that has the ideal location and facilities but just doesn't deliver? This is the place. If I had to guess this place just has mediocre management. Nobody seems upset to be there or anything but between the below average service and the mediocre food this place is selling itself short and could be so much better.

We ate here on a Sunday night after rafting all day. Got a nice spot on the deck overlooking the water and were seated pretty quickly with almost no wait. A place like this you'd think to get a spot overlooking the water would require a long wait.

Service was ok at best. Friendly, but just not efficient. Timing on appetizers and drinks and such was slow. After reading people on here say that the only thing really decent was the fish tacos we ordered those with Halibut. It was fine, but basically an almost square chunk of deep fried halibut thrown into a taco shell. Doesn't exactly fit. The halibut was good but it kind of seemed like they probably have a fish and chips plate and they use the same ingredient for it. Not exactly ideal for what seems to be a signature dish for them.

Overall, just not a great place but a great location and prices were ok. So just go in with those expectations and you'll be ok. I really didn't have much success in Grants Pass finding a good restaurant for a family of 4.