“Easy Freeway Access”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Victoria, Canada
“Easy Freeway Access”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I think is was MIKE at the front desk the night we checked in, SUPER nice guy.(I think he needs a pay raise, cause he's GOOD. Thank you for the warm welcome Mike after a long drive.. Check in was easy with no problems. Light breakfast was just what we needed before our next long day drive to Vegas, but they had everything from the yummy waffles, oatmeal, donuts, cold cereal, flavored creamers, fruit and toast . Good value for price charged. Room was clean & quiet which was just what was needed after a busy day. Will stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 103, at the back of the hotel, very quiet and easy access to depart in the morning...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was timid to stay here at first, only because my company is (really cheap) but as a business traveler I stay at Comfort Inns all the time, was first Pricey for my (company budget) but the front desk (clerk) Mgr? who knows I think his name was Michael and if Im wrong Im sorry pls look up who checked me in... But If it wasn't for HIM I would have went to another hotel ! He worked with me and talked me into staying at this property and (Im in sales so Im all about that)!! and it worked, I had a great room, great stay and I will be back to this Hotel because of how I was treated! Off the beaten path a little but I think you will all find it a great stay for a great price!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Incredible breakfast! Waffles, oatmeal, donuts, cold cereal, flavored creamers, fruit and toast. What more could a person want. Oh yeah....scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. It was great.

The customer service was perfect. When we got to our room we discovered it had not been cleaned. When we went back to the desk clerk she up graded us to a suite. We loved that.

The price was family friendly and of great value.

Room Tip: If you like a great breakfast and clean room with comfy beds this is the place for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The receptionist was nasty, hostile and uncooperative at first. She was on the phone and waved her finger at me to wait. Even worse, I had to come back twice to request a different room. The first two rooms had a view of the parking lot where a large semi was parked. I knew that meant that there would be noise all night. By letting her quietly know that I would continue to ask for a different room, she finally gave me a quiet room in the back of the hotel on the first floor. The room was in a location that allowed me to unload my car without having to go through the front lobby. I had asked for that kind of room to be begin with. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, as it was the standard Comfort Inn breakfast. There is also a USA newspaper available for free but you have to ask for it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy2012_12
Redding, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Staff was very polite. Check in was easy with no problems. Light breakfast was just what we needed. Good value for price charged. I don't know about the view since we were gone all day so really came to sleep. Room was clean & quiet which was just what was needed after a busy day. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is an elevator so if you can't do stairs - be sure to ask if one is available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had a very unpleasant experience with this hotel during my one week stay. Specifically:

Upon arriving, I was checked into a room with a running toilet. I asked the desk clerk for help, and was moved to another room. In the new room, there was an identical problem with the toilet loudly running. When I brought this to the desk clerks attention a second and third time, she became openly disdainful and truculent; telling me "if you were any kind of a man, you would fix it" . I subsequently had a problem with the air unit in the room- after several more pleas for help to the standoffish desk clerk, she agreed to come inspect the unit for me. Before going up to my room, she made it clear that her boyfriend, who was present in the lobby, would be watching me "just in case", and that I must remain in the lobby while she went up to inspect my air unit. While she was inspecting my room, I was stared down in a hostile manner by the desk clerk's boyfriend for about ten minutes. After which, I was then permitted to return to my room. Getting back to the room, I found that the desk clerk had turned the air unit to heat, on the maximum setting, before leaving the room. I also found that my personal belongings had been rifled through, and discovered a small amount of cash missing from my trousers. In closing, I feel that the open hostility of the desk clerk on duty, and her dishonest conduct, were a completely unacceptable blemish on an otherwise decent hotel. I felt compelled to leave before I had planned, which was disappointing, as I was visiting a lifelong friend who now lives on the other coast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank BillsReview

Travelers are raving about these Grants Pass hotels

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was disappointed in this room as I had made the reservation way in advance and should have been given a better room. Instead of getting a room that looked out on the beautiful trees we got a room that had a view of a parking lot where semis parked for the night with their condensors running. Also there was a nasty smell in one area of the room which is where one would sit to watch tv. The décor was in bad repair. Pealing wall paper in the bathroom. The breakfast was good in the morning. Do not go to suggested restaurant, Della's unless you want senior type cooked food...it is not worth the discount

Room Tip: Don't go there at all if you can help it but if you do specifically ask for a room with a view o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christi B, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding room condition and view on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Since all our single rooms have the same view I have submitted a possible fix to add a wall to buffer sound and plants to help the with the view. Your review and comments have helped to support some needed outside maintenance.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Grants Pass.

Kind Regards,