TripAdvisor
Grants Pass
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2015

I wanted a quiet and comfortable place for some much deserved R and R with a pool.
An older style of motel but owners keep it very clean. I will return to this motel again if I am ever in the Rogue River Valley to visit. Easy access to your car parked next to door. Excellent pet areas. They provide pool noodles and floats. Excellent picnic area with propane barbeque above pool area. Owners very pleasant and accommodating to my needs. At check in the price was what had been quoted and reasonable compared to other places. This is not a motel that is wheelchair accessible but wish it were so I could take my daughter. Need a car to drive places for dinners and going to activities in area. Smokers have covered patio with two chairs and table outside room.

Room tip: .Would be a wonderful place for whole families to rent all units and have a reunion.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Judy D
bellarosainn, Owner at Bella Rosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2015

Thanks Judy for all the kind words reassuring us we gave you exactly what you had requested. That is always a nice thing to hear. So nice to have met you and Bill and hope we get to meet your daughters. I want to thank you for being a wonderful guest

Reviewed September 28, 2014

This is a lovely little (7 units) place near the Rogue River. Pluses: cozy rooms, decent pool (we didn't go in but it looked nice), quiet area, nice view of the river, dock and grassy area to sit & fish or just relax, in-room free wi-fi, pleasant folks running the place. Minuses: on a somewhat busy road with no sidewalks means walking anywhere is nearly impossible, and you have to cross the road to get to the river; nowhere in the immediate area for food. But for the short time we were there (one night), we enjoyed it, and our young niece really loved it, especially being able to go over to the river (with adult supervision) to fish. Would recommend for sure.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kiraboo
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Visiting family nearby, we just needed a place for one night. Along the Rogue River, there are numerous campgrounds and a very few motels -- one look at Bella Rosa, especially the mellow dog laying in the driveway, was enough for us to stop (the dog moved as we pulled in). A very reasonable rate, internet works fine, nice little swimming pool, places to sit outside and chill. The owner tells me the motel dates from 1948; generations have spent time here. Decor inside is all country charm. Kitchenette included in the small room. And just across the road is the river, where there's a Bella Rosa dock to fish and hang out. Enjoyed it!

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank richard_traveler
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here while shopping for a home in Grants Pass.......although the owner did change the prices from the time we booked and again while we were there.......the room was clean. It was a huge room with a bedroom, a kitchentte and a full size fridge.

We booked well in advance and I printed out the price and the rates......she changed the "winter rates" dates, so when we got there the price was $500 instead of $400. I questioned her and she offered to take $50 off.
Since I have headaches and we really weren't famialiar with the area and the room was "safe" from odors we paid her price and stayed.

When we were looking to book a place to stay for the actual move time, the prices had changed again and been raised for the winter season......yet the week we were there.....we were the only guest they had!

We found another place when we made the actual move.

Room tip: Pay for your room in advance so the owner can't change the rate!
Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank katherinejones49
bellarosainn, Owner at Bella Rosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding about our prices. Our winter rates have always started on October 15th. You folks came in on the 10th and were staying for a week which means you came in during our summer rate time. I offered to split the difference and give you a break since our winter rates began while you were still here. When you said you were coming back I quoted the daily winter rate and of course it will be more since it was not a weekly rate. All in all, I am glad all was fine except the price and that has not been any different since I have owned The Bella Rosa so it was just a misunderstanding I am sorry about and will try to avoid. Thanks for staying and sorry again about the misunderstanding.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The little motelroom is a bit old, but clean and has everything you need. I loved staying at a motel that is different from your average boring chain motel room. Owners very friendly, the lady loved sunbathing in 100 degrees around the pool :-). We enjoyed sitting at the river and watchings the ducks and taking a quick dip in the pool. After that we chilled out in the spacious garden area. I noticed some long time tenants there as well, they were really quiet. We would stay here again, I think the area of the 'city'of rogue river is much nicer than grants pass!

Date of stay: September 2013