“Cute place”
Review of Bella Rosa Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Bella Rosa Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Grants Pass B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cute place”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The little motelroom is a bit old, but clean and has everything you need. I loved staying at a motel that is different from your average boring chain motel room. Owners very friendly, the lady loved sunbathing in 100 degrees around the pool :-). We enjoyed sitting at the river and watchings the ducks and taking a quick dip in the pool. After that we chilled out in the spacious garden area. I noticed some long time tenants there as well, they were really quiet. We would stay here again, I think the area of the 'city'of rogue river is much nicer than grants pass!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm pretty sure Bella Rosa is the nicest of the small motels that dot the Rogue River Hwy between Grant's Pass and Rogue River City. I was a little worried as we drove past some of the other motels, but was pleased to arrive at Bella Rosa and find it well maintained, both exterior and interior. The swimming pool and pool area was very clean, as was the room itself.
Our 7 year-old made full use of both the floating dock and elevated fishing dock to catch some Trout. The owners, Casey and Susan, taught him how to clean his catch.
If you are booking without knowing the area, this is a very safe choice. Very scenic part of the river, 15 minutes to Grant's Pass, 5 minutes to Rogue River City, Clean and attractive motel, friendly owners who want you to have a good time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jennifergradis
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We read all the glowing reviews about Bella Rosa and decided to stay. Upon arriving, our first thought was, "OK, this is older, but it's quaint." We were given room #6. I was cozy and cute like the reviews stated, but we were highly disappointed with the cleanliness. Dust was everywhere, the coffee pot was crusty, along with the microwave. We did not feel comfortable using anything in the kitchenette. The low quality of cleanliness made us wonder about the bedding and towels. We know they had been washed because the soap/fabric softener small was overwhelming. Since the linens were not the standard white, but dark in color and highly decorated, we again wondered about what might be being covered up. The bed was comfortable, but had a hard time relaxing because of the reasons above. There was a sign posted in the room about not smoking in or near the rooms, but EVERY time we entered or left our room (no matter the hour) someone was smoking just outside the first 2 rooms. Since there are only 7 rooms, they are all in close proximity. We could not keep our windows open due to the constant cigarette smoke outside. It felt as though they were living there. There is great potential for this place, but it is not quite there. We would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheri B
bellarosainn, Owner at Bella Rosa Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We are sincerely disappointed you did not enjoy your stay due to the cleanliness of the room. I have never had such a complaint but attribute it to the fact that the windows were open and we have had many fires and you folks came at their height. That might have been the dust you were referring to. Excuses aside, I am sorry you didn't have the experience you expected but realize you can't please everyone.
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We came from Bend, Or and our friends drove up from Northern California, and we made reservations here at the Bella Rosa Inn and we could not be happier with the experience. The place is so cute and cozy, it was like home. We all absolutely adore the Bella Rosa Inn.

If you're going to Grants Pass and need place to stay this is it. The owners are so nice and very accommodating. We will go back that's for sure.

I give it a A+++

I slept like a rock there and I don't do that at home.

Thank you Bella Rosa Inn for your part in our awesome week-end.

Cindy Jervis & Clay Mynatt

Room Tip: All the rooms are cute and homey.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I made plans to stay at the Bella Rosa for our anniversary in late July. Unfortunately, wildfires in Southern Oregon made for very smoky conditions. Susan (the owner) called the day ahead of my reservation to let me know. She even let me cancel our reservation - less than 24 hours in advance - without any charge. I was very pleasantly surprised at this. Very few places will allow you to do this, let alone call you to give you the option of canceling.

So although we're disappointed that we won't be able to spend this anniversary at the Bella Rosa, we certainly plan to stay there in the future.

Thank you, Susan, for being so considerate and understanding!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bellarosainn, Owner at Bella Rosa Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for the kind words Janice and hope we get to see you folks soon. No point to have a less than perfect anniversary !!
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly owner. Room was very clean and well maintained. Nice sitting area right on the Rouge River. Shower was a bit small but manageable. Refrigerator, coffee machine, and microwave were appreciated. We did not use the pool but it was a nice size for the number of rooms. We went down to the town of Rouge River and picked up dinner and ate it by
the pool. The evening very very warm and the air conditioner in the room struggled to keep with the heat. This was an unusual heat wave for this time of year. We were in room 4. Which while not huge was very serviceable. A real plus was being across the street from the river.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bellarosainn, Owner at Bella Rosa Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Nice to hear all was good and you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again !
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have made reservations online before so imagine my surprise and delight at finding this Inn EXACTLY as advertised! I was thrilled at the cleanliness and homey atmosphere. The queen size bed allowed my husband and I plenty of room. We had a fridge, microwave, and a regular size coffee pot (not one cup at a time!). Evening was very quiet and peaceful. We go to the Grants Pass area several times a year and will definitely be staying here again! The only down side was my husband said the shower was small, since I am only 5ft tall I filed this away in the "oh well" folder. We are looking forward to going back during the summer and taking the raft on the river (included in the price of the room)

• Stayed May 2013