“Wish I could say nicer things.....”

Shilo Inn Grants Pass
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Vancouver, Canada
“Wish I could say nicer things.....”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

SUCH nice people, perfect location and good price but.......the room was small, stale, outdated and felt really rather worn out. The staff are as nice and accommodating as can be but I really didn't like the property at all. The breakfast was rather basic and the breakfast room was teeny and the air conditioning was turned on beyond full blast meaning that no one wanted to sit near the fan....just couldn't!! And they had a sign saying 'Don't touch'. Quite uncomfortable. I'm sorry not to be able to say nice things because the staff WERE so nice but I just can't recommend the propery

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 486Marilyn
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Your comments are most welcome and you DID say nice things about our staff! We have changed the AC in the breakfast room so that the blasting air will hopefully not be a problem anymore. And our rooms have received new linens and deep cleaning. I hope you will visit us again to allow us to prove that we deserve to be on your list as first choice for lodging in Grants Pass!
Mark Gatlin
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was really surprised by how much I liked this hotel. Check in was quick. Rates are reasonable. Location is good.The room was quite, clean, comfortable. Breakfast was varied and healthy. Staff was friendly. Hallways near the sauna have a moldy odor but that is my only criticism.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the campground are better than those facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Your nose was correct as we had a subterranean leak that was discovered after much searching.
I am pleased to announce that our carpets have been restored and the smell is gone!
Mark Gatlin
GM
Unionville
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were on a 12 day trip we were suppose to stay with friends and they weren't available at the last minute after driving 10 hrs and all the hotels booked in Grants Pass, Or we were able to get a room at Shilo Inn . The rooms were nice and beds comfortable we were only there 8 hrs and then back on the road

Room Tip: They have a great continental breakfast selection and coffee was Starbucks. Staff was very helpful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Vikki D,

I’m so glad we were able to take care of you.
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience.

Happy Travels!

Mark S. Gatlin
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good place to stay, especially for the price (there is a veterans rate). Great air conditioning, nice staff, clean room, good breakfast. Free wifi and parking. The TV cut out occasionally, but only for a short period of time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn in Grants Pass - the room was average and for the price, location and for only one night - suitable - easy to find off the freeway - Southern Oregon was experiencing massive forest fires and the air was choking with smoke - I was fine in the car and was really surprised how quickly I choked up getting from the parking spot into the lobby to check in - I had my puffer with me and used it - BUT immediately the owner went into the back room and got me a GOOD N95 face mask and some peppermint oil - both of these were used the whole time we were in that area - that is why we stay there on our trips south - not because of the rooms, but because one can just not get that kind of care and attention anywhere else - don't know their names but the owners are wonderful

Room Tip: our room had the outdoor smoking section right outside of the window and we could hear people talkin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin K
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rooms were pretty large, looked like newer carpeting. Bathroom was good. Beds were very comfy. Breakfast was the best so far, on this trip. Would stay again. Actually was looking at our hotels for the rest of the week to see if we wanted to change our plans to stay at another Shiloh as I didn't realize it was a chain, but some of the Shiloh Inns didn't have great reviews. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen3940
Mexico
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was somewhat cleaned, a bit dusty in some places, the coffee pot was dusty, one thing I felt should be clean. the bed was comfortable, the room was good size and the people who worked there are wonderful, easy to get anything you need at any time. The pool, was nice size, clean but the chairs are terrible, a guest ripped a pair of shorts due to the screw that was sticking out of the chair that was ripped in many places. Only four chairs to sit on in pool area, two safe two not safe. Of course the river is in town so most guests are not at the pool. The breakfast was wonderful, plenty for everyone at all times, never ran out of anything. There was such a variety of food, drinks, everything you needed for any age, appetite, etc., and made it easy for those of us leaving early for river trips to take our breakfast with us. Overall, I would stay here again, I feel for as small as this town is, this was a nice place to stay and the value was great. .

Room Tip: The suite is the best, has room to move around
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple