“Great Overnight Stay”

Shilo Inn Grants Pass
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rooms were pretty large, looked like newer carpeting. Bathroom was good. Beds were very comfy. Breakfast was the best so far, on this trip. Would stay again. Actually was looking at our hotels for the rest of the week to see if we wanted to change our plans to stay at another Shiloh as I didn't realize it was a chain, but some of the Shiloh Inns didn't have great reviews. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen3940

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was somewhat cleaned, a bit dusty in some places, the coffee pot was dusty, one thing I felt should be clean. the bed was comfortable, the room was good size and the people who worked there are wonderful, easy to get anything you need at any time. The pool, was nice size, clean but the chairs are terrible, a guest ripped a pair of shorts due to the screw that was sticking out of the chair that was ripped in many places. Only four chairs to sit on in pool area, two safe two not safe. Of course the river is in town so most guests are not at the pool. The breakfast was wonderful, plenty for everyone at all times, never ran out of anything. There was such a variety of food, drinks, everything you needed for any age, appetite, etc., and made it easy for those of us leaving early for river trips to take our breakfast with us. Overall, I would stay here again, I feel for as small as this town is, this was a nice place to stay and the value was great. .

Room Tip: The suite is the best, has room to move around
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice motel in area of many motels, price is good continental breakfast , yogurt, cereal fruit, coffee all day. Staff are very nice. The reason for 4 stars rugs are old but clean.it is a baci motel free Internet , parking, etc

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carolab
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Grants Pass this past June for the SASS CAS Championships. We spent several days talking to our friends in the area and researching online for an affordable place to rest after shooting all day in 95+ degree weather. After reading several negative reviews and some positive ones we reluctantly decided to give Shilo Inn a shot. We picked up the phone to make reservations and that's when our concerns first began to fade away. The manager (Mark) was beyond polite and went out of his way to accommodate our every request. First, he honored our travel discount without hesitation, he then allowed us to pay cash when we arrived instead of billing our card and the list goes on and on.

We arrived and things only got better. Early check in, no problem. Extra pillows, no problem. Super friendly service? You guessed it, no problem. I am kicking myself for not remembering the young woman's name that checked us in but she was fantastic! Everyone was super friendly even the maintenance guy.

The room was very clean and not a hint of cigarette smoke. Granted it is a older facility and has a few flaws I have nothing to complain about other than the fact that there is no hot tub as advertised.

I could go on for a great while longer but the bottom line is this. If you want the best bang for your buck in Grants Pass look no further than the Shilo Inn!

We will be back and that's a fact!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John F
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

It is an older Inn, but clean...been staying here for years...wont stay in the motel 6 or super 8 in town. Pool is nice in the hot climate...continental breakfast is good. Fast food is within a close walk.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bethany0120
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Shilo Inn in Grants Pass for one night last month. While the hotel could use some updates, we found the room to be nicely cleaned. The room offered lots of space, and even provided some comfy desk chairs. The bathroom area was in a private location off to one section of the room, which was nice. However, be aware that the walls are not the thickest as we could easily hear guests in the hallway and outside. Also, the lighting in the hall area was very dim and the ice machine was out of order. The Shilo did offer a continental breakfast with lighter food options like coffee, yogurt, juice, fruit, and pastries.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KRose333
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my girlfriend on our way from Seattle to California. The first thing I noticed was the service at the front desk. The man I booked it with over the phone seemed inexperienced, but not to a frustrating degree. He, the woman I checked in with, and the man I checked out with were quite nice. But I was surprised to find that the hotel still uses keys rather than key cards. You'd think they would renovate. Moving on to the room itself, I was quite impressed with it initially: a nice, big bed, a table with seating for two, etc. The bathroom was extremely small (you can't sit on the toilet and close the door at the same time), but not unusable. The room was pretty nice for the price. But then we started noticing some faults. First, we found a wrapper to a water bottle from a previous guest lying in the floor behind a chair. Really, housekeeping? That's when it got creepy. My girlfriend went to use the washroom and found a child's shirt and socks tucked behind the door. Because of those two problems, I found it extremely difficult to trust that the room was actually clean at all.
That combined with the dark, dreary hallways and creepy noises at 3:00 am made me even more hesitant.
I know the room was only $100 for the night after applicable taxes, but still. They could qt least afford some better lighting in the halls and to look behind chairs and doors when doing housekeeping.

• Stayed: June 2013