“nice place to stop during our road trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shilo Inn Grants Pass
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Portland, Oregon
“nice place to stop during our road trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

I called up the hotel as we were driving in the car. They quoted me a price and I asked if I booked on a travel site if they would get the reservation before I arrived. The gal on the phone was really nice and said she would match their price to make sure there wasn't a problem. The beds and shower was nice. Breakfast included some fruits, bagels, breakfast burritos, and juices.

Room Tip: This hotel was right off the freeway which was great. Dutch Bros was right around the corner, as we...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed at this Shilo on a road trip to So. California and was impressed with the welcoming reception from the manager (Mark, I think). Our room was spacious with two double beds, immaculate, and in a quiet location of the hotel. (No street noise though the hotel is just off the highway.) There was a steam room and sauna that we did not use but looked enticing. We found this place a good value and conveniently located next door to the Black Bear restaurant which we enjoyed. We will return on our next road trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We were here on one our road trips this summer, the second or third time we've stayed here. It is just a quick overnight stop for us, so we look for cleanliness and quiet at a good price, and Shilo delivers. Just don't look for anything fancy. The continental breakfast is pretty basic, but there is a restaurant or two within a couple minutes walk if you want a hot meal.

I always look for a coupon online, this Shilo had one on one of the hotel coupon sites.

If you travel with a pet, there's good news and bad news. Shilo allows pets, but the pet fee is $25, which is a lot for a room in this price range. I know that someone snuck in a pet on one of our previous visit here, so if you have allergies like my wife, be aware that even if you ask for a room a pet hasn't been in, you might get one that it has been the temp home of a pet unbeknowst to the motel. That is my problem with the high fee - it encourages cheating. OTOH, you can try to negotiate with the clerk.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room way back away from the street, though we had no noise trouble with...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Where to start...

What an incredible experience. The owner was so friendly! We got a warm welcome and an excellent dinner recommendation when we checked in!

The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown, but it's off the street and removed down into a little valley, so it feels like you're in a park setting. It's quiet.

The rooms were clean, functional and spacious. All rooms are non-smoking (yay!) and the hotel is pet friendly. (Double yay!)

The continental breakfast was FABULOUS. Real quality food items that you would never see at another chain hotel. From the yogurt, to the breakfast burritos, it was excellent!

Oh, and the hotel is eco-friendly, and had organic soaps and shampoos. A+

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DanFam3
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family stayed at the Shilo Inn Grants Pass for one night before rafting recently. The Shilo Inn is only minutes from many of the rafting companies in nearby Merlin and offered great rates.

The hotel is older, and could use some updating. I was surprised to get an actual 'key' when checking in. The front desk was super friendly and check in was a breeze.

The hotel is built on a slope and there are a lot of stairways to navigate in odd places. Make sure to ask for a first floor room if you have mobility issues.

The room was spacious but very dated. The bed was unfortunately NOT comfortable. I had a very difficult time sleeping. They did not keep any extra pillows in the room (I did not call to request any so this might have been resolved; it was just so late and I was ready to go to bed). The bathroom was small but provided ample storage for longer stays. The AC worked great.

Included with the rate is a complimentary breakfast which includes coffee/tea/juice, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries and packaged breakfast burritos. Again, the front desk were present and very accommodating in the morning.

Unless they replace the mattresses, I do not think I could stay here. If a hard bed is something you can live with, I suggest this hotel for it's friendly service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
I am so glad to hear that you stayed with us during your recent trip to Grants Pass- Shilo Inns. I am very sorry to hear about the mattress not meeting your expectations. We have made some adjustments to our rooms, so that you might come back and sleep comfortably. We do have building maps available as we do understand that it can be difficult to get around. I was glad that we did provided you with the best customer service. I hope that you will revisit us soon.
Warm Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here for one night as a stopover on a roadtrip. Unlike so many other places along the Interstate, this hotel is not right alongside the highway and is actually set back a bit from the street in Grants Pass. I managed to get a good rate online and found it good value. The room was decent sized and very quiet (I was facing the back, into a field I believe).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank heliconone
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Grants Pass- Shilo Inns. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Shilo Inns partners with many online travel sites and would be happy to honor our lowest available rate on any of these sites through our 24 hour call center. We I hope that you come back and stay with us again and can enjoy our beautiful city and some of the wonderful attractions in Grants Pass.
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We arrived after 10:00 pm and had informed the hotel of our late arrival. The desk was open upon our arrival and we were greeted with hospitality. The room was clean and comfortable and had a good showerhead in the bath/shower. There was no microwave nor refrigerator which was fine since we were there only one night and gone by 8:30 the next morning. The room was quiet with no outside noise and the parking was safe. The continental breakfast was nominal with usual assortment of bagels, muffins, gravy and biscuits but not much for healthy eaters except for yogurt, cranberry and orange juice in cans and Cheerios and Total cereal. I suggested they might include instant oatmeal and the hostess said she'd pass that on to the management.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, so much for taking the time to write us. We do have a few select rooms that do have microwaves and refrigerators (suite rooms available) . I hope that you are able to come back and stay with us longer and enjoy our facility with our great expanded continental breakfast and pool, and the wonderful city of Grants Pass. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns--"Affordable Excellence"
Warm Regards,