“Good All Around”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Good All Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

No complaints with this property. Clean comfortable room. Wi-fi worked fine, good selection at breakfast. Easy access off I-5 and Rt 199. Convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed August 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

Clean, brand new hotel, well-maintained, and lovely. A little on the spartan side, but compared to the Travelodge in town we stayed at last year (I worte a review about that "hotel", too), this felt like the Taj Mahal!

Breakfast was good, your usual continental breakfast at a hotel. Room included a mini fridge, coffeemaker, full size iron and ironing board, and pillows in either soft or firm density. Bed linens and towels were definitely a step up from the "typical" budget hotel bedding.

We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip through Grants Pass. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — By the ice machine, so it was a little noisy.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank amycat
Klamath Falls, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2007

As a high school graduation present for my granddaughter, she and I took a trip to explore Oregon. Our first two nights were spent at the Holiday Inn Express in Grants Pass. We were very pleasently suprised. The room was clean and bright, very comfortable. Even the Princess was impressed.
Absolutly loved the bedding. Yes, the pool was across the drive between HIE and neighboring Best Western. We found this to be no problem. The pool was clean and the hot tub right beside it. Maybe a change from a previous reviewer.
I, or my granddaughter would stay again. In fact my husband and I are planning on going to the area soon and will stay there. Glad to hear dogs are allowed as we travel with a small one.

• Liked — Clean room and bedding
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank blindbat
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2007

My husband and I were on our annual trek from Seattle to Phoenix to deliver my mom and dad's car and their dog "Lucy" the pug. We usually like to be spontaneous, but since we had a dog, we selected hotels from the AAA "Traveling with your Dog" guide. Our first stop was the Holiday Inn Express in Grants Pass. It's a pretty new hotel in a new part of the town. It was very easy to get to -- just off of I-5. The room was very clean, quiet and cozy. It's a great place to stay if you have a dog -- easy access to the outdoors. There was a nice, clean breakfast buffet the next morning. I would stay there again -- with or without a dog! Just a few tips . . . . the food at Appleby's was mediocre -- I wouldn't recommend it. The little espresso drive-through at the bottom of the hill next to the I-5 on-ramp had great coffee and is open 24 hours!

• Liked — They accepted pets and it was clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KJBSEA
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2006

We recently stayed at Grants Pass after driving back up from CA for a wedding. After blowing a flat tire the night of our reservation, we had to go back to Redding and make accomodations there. The night manager was kind enough to cancel our reservations at no charge and set us up for a night in Redding at another Holiday Inn. When we finally arrived at the H.I.E. in Grants Pass the next day, we received an upgrade to a family suite at no additional charge for two nights. The spa/pool shared with the Best Western is nice and we loved the continental breakfast- cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, oj, coffee... Everything was clean and well-maintained despite travelling during memorial day weekend. Our room, however, was right by the elevator so it was somewhat noisy during the night. Otherwise it was a nice stay. Also would recommend kayaking down the rogue river :)

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2005

I wholeheartedly disagree with the previous reviewer regarding this hotel. We were there on business and enjoyed our stay thoroughly! The room was clean, and the front desk personnel were extremely helpful when we extended our stay from one day to three. We were impressed with the maid service, and everything was up to our standards. We did not use the pool, of course, because we were there in April, but we couldn't have asked for anything else. If you are a business traveller, try this hotel!

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Western Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2004

WE stayed at this hotel in Nov 2004. I usually am pleased with the Holiday Inn express- prices are usually ok, service and amenities good.
I was very disappointed with our visit at this hotel.
We were told this had a pool and hot tub, which we always get for the kids. Well, the pool is shared with a Best western hotel, and WAS CLOSED!! Man were the kids disappointed-we were outside in our suits all shivering.I went to the desk and complained-- no offer of refund, but I insisted on a credit because we wouldhave just found another room had we known.
In the morning the area surrounding the coffee-maker was CRAWLING with ants-- UUGGHH! Again, I complained, and the clerk just said oh, i'm sorry to hear that ... polite, fake smile...
overall- Not impressed--

Susie