“We were pleasantly surprised with our first visit....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Ronde
Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I traveled from the Seattle area for a two night stay to celebrate our anniversary. We drove down, arriving Saturday afternoon. There was evidently a casino give-way that evening and the place was packed. We upgraded to a suite and were happy we did.

The decor was a bit austere, the rooms were large. The primary bathroom was a delight...marble double sink counters, tile flooring, jetted bath and amenties, complimentary slippers, etc. The second bath was at the entrance and larger than average.

The king bed was very comfortable and the suite was very quiet, we didn't hear a sound the two days we were there. Negatives were the futon in the main room, a sofa would have been much better, there was no closet in the suite. The bedroom entertainment center had a very small cupboard with only three hangers, not enough for two people.
There was no pen or paper by the phone for messages.

The distance from the elevators to the casino was LONG walk, golf cart shuttles were available for those needing assistance, inside, of course.The decor in the public areas is very nice.

We were especially impressed with the friendliness of every staff member we came in contact with: parking attendants, bus boys, desk personnel, restaurant employees, housekeeping, gift shop, cashiers, bell captain, maintenance and security people.....not one rude or unpleasant person.

This is a large facility, the parking lots are huge, and it appears to be a very popular place. We were glad we went.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celticlady09
There are newer reviews for Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We reviewed the casino last year before the addition of the "night club" and bar at the main entrance..unfortunately neither has appeal or enhanced the appeal to visit this establishment. The small "Raindrops" offers little in the way of a really good club and the entrance bar's music is overly loud with over-priced weak drinks. The gaming climate is in our opinion even worse than last year when all the remodeling was being paid for, most people we observed were playing penny slots at minimum or close to it...any major players didn't hit and soon left the machines. In the six hours we were on the floor we didn't see/hear one major jackpot hit on slots. There was only one guy occassionally trying to draw interest at the blackjack table by whooping if he caught a hand, but he was the only one. Overall the mood was depressing...lots of people but few smiling faces..most people walking by commenting on how much they lost. Our group also had no success playing various denominations of slots. The "hits" were few and far between, not enough to keep you in play without dumping more dollars into the machines. The Summit was even worse. There weren't many players in the "high rollers" room where we usually play and the service poor. We asked for comps and was surprised how low the value was especially for the amount of our play. Our rating is this casino/hotel is less a destination value than a quick stop over on the way to the coast and not a place where any serious gamer would frequent. The only reasonable attraction might be the buffet which is somewhat moderately priced, but still not a real value as in most casinos.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ace_0f_hearts
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Previously, I'd written that this place was rather 'desparate' as far as the casino, and still appears so (though I did win 6K there this stay - on two separate plays). It's just very, very crowded all the time with little service. Was in the area and needed bedding since it was late and I had a load of extra $$, so took a suite for the night. Service was wonderful, but the room had dated furniture, loud heaters, and most of all NO internet!! I can't believe that. Actually, if you bring your own cord you can plug in....but still no wireless, even Starbuck has that (c'mon). The bath amenities are outstanding. Comp slippers, in-room robes....and lots more. Prices seemed reasonable, but would have been in a much better light were it not for the mentioned things.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2010

This place has bedbugs and the staff is terrible, The front desk is very unfriendly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Appleseed_10
Reviewed November 21, 2009

The casino is fun, buffet decent and the hotel great. Staff were very coiurteous and helpful, room was lovely with lodge style furnishings, good rate.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Hey guys I'm back ...... had a great time at the connected casino , stayed 3 different times in the past year and a half and have enjoyed all stays however the first two stays the rooms blew I mean BLEW away Chinook winds the third time the room was smaller and had a little wear to it . I still strongly recommend staying at this casino for your Gambling pleasures or drinking and staying the night then heading down to the coast and enjoyng the beach seeing as this casino is on the way down if your heading from portland. P.S. Chinook winds hotel was a disapponting DUMP this casino is soooo much nicer and cleaner and the staff isnt crouchity like chinook winds.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

So I just had a fabulous stay at another casino-hotel in Oregon. So I came here expecting this one to be good as well. And oh boy, was I wrong.

The room rate was $139 ...... I asked for a lower price, but they would not give one. I was tired and didn't feel like driving elsewhere, so I reluctantly forked over the cash.

The front desk lady I had was not to polite nor to mean, but she was not just right either.

The outside and lobby areas were nice. The room was very clean and decent size and did look new. The bathroom was nice and clean.

Now for the long list of negatives.
-There was no free internet (there wasn't even pay for use internet) in the room. I do believe they might of had a business center which had a computer or two, but not sure.
- They had the WORST free breakfast I have ever had at any hotel. The plates they gave to use were small, they didn't have enough seats, so many people couldn't even eat there. The food was very tiny and didn't look good at all, there wasn't many options to choose from, and it didn't taste the best.
- They did not have a fridge in the room, which I really like to have.
-They have NO pool
-No exercise room
-They litterally bus overweight people and older people around on a motor seat carrier thing throughout the casino. It also makes an annoying loud beap noise while doing it and leaves less room for people to walk.

They do have an arcade, but I have to really wonder why they would have an arcade instead of a pool or not have both. The only reason why I can think of, is that they are looking to make profits off the guests' kids. If they had a pool, kids could play for hours a day for free, which I don't think these hotel owners would like very much.

So in closing, there were basically no amenities that hotel travelers have come to expect. The service was a little below average. And the price was way too high.

The only way I'd ever stay there again is if they lowered their price to $49.99 a night. (if they added a pool, free internet, and fridge, I'd be willing to pay $89.99). But I have never felt so ripped off in my life after staying there for $139.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
#16 of 35 in Lincoln City
Comfort Inn and Suites Lincoln City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville

Been to Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge? Share your experiences!