“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Ronde
Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge
Vancouver, Washington
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I received a discount coupon with my Coyote Club membership, so decided to stay over on a recent trip to the coast. I'd forgotten to ask for a handicap-accessible room, but they did everything they could to accommodate. When they couldn't locate an accessible room at the same rate, they upgraded us to a deluxe room. It was very well decorated, the beds were super comfortable, and the staff was exceedingly helpful. Would definitely recommend upgrading to a deluxe room and then just kick back and enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room. They're beautifully appointed and super comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kelowna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the size of, and quality of furnishings, in our room at Spirit Mountain Lodge. The hotel has a good fitness centre. Great continental breakfast included, and all very good and a great deal for the price.

Room Tip: Probably all rooms equal - we had the king bed, and found it extremely comfortable, though the pillo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert M
Sunriver, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Again this was not our first visit, we have residence nearby. We did the buffet for dinner and was followed by the concert by Arrival representing
the group Abba. They were a outstanding performance and sold out as well. They performed Friday & Saturday nights both sold out. I would recommend this group highly. Again the resort puts on a great buffet with
many choices including Chinese flavors. The seating was easy as the exit at the end of the concert. Everything was well done from food & entertainment . Had a great evening"

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I don't know why I like this place so much. Maybe because the deluxe rooms are updated and full of amenities including nicer shampoo, conditioner and body wash (little things matter). Maybe because it's in a quiet and scenic valley, less than 30 to Lincoln City and the beach. Maybe because they have free pop in the casino. Regardless, we stayed there again this year and had a very good time. I look forward to going next year.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We didn't and that was my fault so I left well enough alone. While I like this hotel, the older part of the building is tired and not as comfortable. On the up side, the room had a bath tub! And I took advantage of that;-)

Service was good, friendly and prompt. Food was ok. Casino was smokey but we knew that going in

Room Tip: Again, remember to ask for your room in the new section of the hotel;-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent a few days touring the southern Oregon Coast and stayed at the Chinook Winds, Mill Casino and Spirit Mountain. Each one had its pluses and minuses but Spirit Mountain certainly took the prize for best presentation, decor and cleanliness.

Spirit Mountain was about a 30 minutes drive inland from the Chinook Winds (Lincoln City). I enjoyed the drive down curvy Highway 18, the Salmon Highway, flanked by towering second growth timber and sleepy farms. The hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a large parking lot, cow pastures and trees. So once you're here, unlike Vegas, there is no competition for your business. To save a few bucks on the room, I joined their player's club but at $125 a night it still was not not inexpensive.

The desk staff were helpful and professional and the hotel had a polish and knack for detail the other Oregon casinos lacked. The room was on the small side but well appointed and thoughtfully designed and decorated. Basically, comfortable, clean and easy on the eye. No balcony and the view overlooked the parking lot.

We ate dinner at the Cedar Plank Buffet and must say it was the best buffet I've ever had, besting Vegas and every Indian Casino I've visited, and I've visited many. Buffets tend to be a balance of quantity and low prices but this one served a great variety of really great food. Management understands that Spirit Mountain lacks a view, beach or other attractions, so the food has to be really good!

Likewise, the casino was nice and even included a large nonsmoking section. Not nice enough for me to actually win anything, try as I did for several hours, but a pleasant decor full of full tables and slots.

I suppose I'm spoiled by Vegas, but the lack of free alcoholic drinks and the conspicuous absence of people winning left a little sour taste in my mouth. Such is the price you pay for a pretty casino and room in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great fun and nice accommodations. We have been to Spirit Mountain more times than I would like to admit. I would consider it the best casino that we have been to in Oregon. There are lots of games. We, on the whole, have not come out ahead financially but that is not the reason we've gone. Rooms are nice and very comfortable. Certainly not Las Vegas but certainly adequate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,557 reviews
Surftides Lincoln City
Surftides Lincoln City
#11 of 36 in Lincoln City

Been to Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge? Share your experiences!