“Great price, great food, good atmosphere”

Charlie's Mountain View
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had been at Ice Axe when the grill broke. Our waiter suggested we try charlies for dinner and we were not disappointed. I had an excellent veggie wrap and my boyfriend had a great double (2 chicken patties) blackened blue cheese sandwich! If we are ever in the area we will definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Charlie's Mountain View

Reviewed June 9, 2013

While Charlie's Mountain View may not look like much, it's definitely five star food! At first look, you expect that the best you can hope for is a passable burger and greasy fries. What they lack in atmosphere, they make up for it in the kitchen. The special on the evening my wife and stopped in was a Cajun salmon Ceasar salad. I gave it a try and was very impressed. I expected a few salmon bits tossed in the salad, but instead was served a very nice size salmon filet on the bed of salad. It was such a large salad I couldn't finish, and stopped eating the greens because there was no way I was leaving any of that salmon!

My wife ordered the Chicken Fetticune and was very happy with the meal. The chicken was tender and moist, and the Alfredo sauce was exceptional.

This wonderful dining experience was well beyond our expectations and we will be back!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stopped by for lunch with the family mid week in February. We were the only ones there (Government Camp is kind of a ghost town mid-week). The chef, was also our server. He was fairly attentive. Menu is fairly extensive, but mostly typical pub fare. Our son really liked his fried shrimp. Wife and I both had sandwiches which were pretty good. Basically, nothing to memorable, but you can definitely do worse in Government Camp.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went in for some evening food recently and sat at the bar. The lady running the bar was great, handling orders and serving a relatively busy crowd. The food was ok and we enjoyed the lively activity around the main room. I noticed that they had Linie- a special Norwegian aquavit- behind the bar and ordered one. Unfortunately someone had cut it down with water and it was certainly not genuine strength or taste.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great place to head to after you get off the mountain - full of locals and travelers alike. A Government Camp classic!