“Mountain Rest Area”

Mt. Hood Brewing Co
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: In January 1991 the Mt Hood Brewing Company opened, serving locally-produced beers and hearty pub fare in a family-friendly atmosphere. In October 1992, the newly constructed ten barrel brewery rolled out its first barrel. Eight distinctive ales are produced by the union of pure glacial water, Pacific Northwest barley and hops and the inspiration of the Mt Hood Brewing Co's brewers. These delightful beers can be enjoyed at the Mt Hood Brewing Co brewpub in Government Camp and throughout Timberline's other Mt Hood restaurants. Oregonians can also find these ales on draft at restaurants throughout the state. The Mt Hood Brewing Co was founded upon the notion that, like the best wines, beer is best produced in small, handcrafted batches utilizing the finest ingredients. The brewery's commitment to this standard demands that each keg arrives at its destination while still in its prime, fresh and wholesome. Thus, none of the beer leaves the State of Oregon. Like the beer, Mt Hood Brewing Co's food is always fresh and locally-sourced. Kids and adults alike enjoy the pub's tasty starters, signature pizzas and hearty entrees. Many menu items are prepared with Mt Hood Brewing Co beer and are best paired with a cold pint. Thousands of skiers, tourists and locals have made the Mt Hood Brewing Co an institution on the south slope of Mount Hood.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

There are many places to eat at Government Camp, but if you want a brewpub, this is the place. After a long day of hiking we stopped in for drinks and dinner. The servers are very friendly and prompt and we did not wait long at all for the ales or the food even though they were quite busy on a Saturday. The menu has an impressive selection of veggie choices for any brewpub and the in house ale selection is very good as well. I would say the food we had was quite a bit better than the average pub food. We had salads and the fancy grilled cheese plate, which was tasty. We sat outside on the deck and soaked up the late afternoon sun and mountain air. I would rate it at 4.5 stars if I could and would go back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Good food and beer. Nothing earth shattering, but good. Worth a trip for sure. I had a grilled cheese and it was very different due to using "pub bread" it was a bit too much bread for me but it was still good. My husband and I shared a sampler platter of their beers. A few good ones. We will return if we go back to that area.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a great turn of events when the place you're staying just happens to be about a football field away from the town's only craft brewery. So we expected some beer, but the food was uncommonly good for a craft brewery. The brews were tastey, the service good and a nice selection of food to choose from. I would recommend that you not miss this brewery when you're in town. If you miss it, you'll be sorry that you did.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here for dinner while out for an afternoon drive with my wife. I had the tillamook bacon cheddar burger that was cooked just right. The bacon was actually chunks vs strips. A first for me, which I enjoyed. My wife had the pepperoni pizza. The pizza had ricotta cheese on the pepperoni, making it uniquely different. She said it was a nice touch. The beer was very good. I especially enjoyed the pale ale, while my wife enjoyed the amber ale. I snuck a sip or two of the amber and it too was good, just the right amount of malty goodness. Next time I'm in government camp I'll be sure to stop back in!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was right beside our hotel (Best Western), so we tried it out. The menu was very limited and the food disappointing; not bad, but nothing special either. The staff was very friendly and service was good.