“Great food for a brewery!”

Mt. Hood Brewing Co
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: In January 1991 the Mt Hood Brewing Company opened, serving locally-produced beers and hearty pub fare in a family-friendly atmosphere. In October 1992, the newly constructed ten barrel brewery rolled out its first barrel. Eight distinctive ales are produced by the union of pure glacial water, Pacific Northwest barley and hops and the inspiration of the Mt Hood Brewing Co's brewers. These delightful beers can be enjoyed at the Mt Hood Brewing Co brewpub in Government Camp and throughout Timberline's other Mt Hood restaurants. Oregonians can also find these ales on draft at restaurants throughout the state. The Mt Hood Brewing Co was founded upon the notion that, like the best wines, beer is best produced in small, handcrafted batches utilizing the finest ingredients. The brewery's commitment to this standard demands that each keg arrives at its destination while still in its prime, fresh and wholesome. Thus, none of the beer leaves the State of Oregon. Like the beer, Mt Hood Brewing Co's food is always fresh and locally-sourced. Kids and adults alike enjoy the pub's tasty starters, signature pizzas and hearty entrees. Many menu items are prepared with Mt Hood Brewing Co beer and are best paired with a cold pint. Thousands of skiers, tourists and locals have made the Mt Hood Brewing Co an institution on the south slope of Mount Hood.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

All I ever expect from brewery food is a burger and wings. We ate here our first night in Gov't Camp, mainly to try the beer. Shared a great salad, a dinner with short ribs and a two-person blueberry cobbler with ice cream. Cloudcap Amber Ale was great! My only complaint -- they don't offer much in the way of appetizers, when you just want a beer and a little food. We went for happy hour the next day and ended up sharing a bowl of chili because the other choices weren't appealing.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I really wanted to like this place. It's a nice-looking place with decent food. Our flight of beers was underwhelming but it's the service that is really unforgivable. Our waiter was fine, though he didn't ask if our clearly two-family party needed a split bill which resulted in a 10-15 minute wait while it was split and then corrected. During this wait, the two three-year olds in our party got antsy, circling the table but not running amok. At one point they did begin to walk away and got about 12 feet from the table when a waitress (not waiting on us), Heather, turned to us and loudly and rudely shouted at us to keep our children out of the way. Whoa. Let me be clear they were standing against the wall, in their "lane" of traffic and were never once in this woman's way. If these had been adults, Heather would not have even noticed them. I asked to speak to a manager who immediately came to Heathers defense without hearing a complete explanation of the situation. I did get a nice lecture on safety from the manager and a totally empty promise that she would speak to Heather.
These kids were not out of hand. They can get out of hand, but they actually weren't. This waitress was in a sour mood and decided our kids were obnoxious and that we were permissive jerks who expected everybody to put up with bad behavior. Not the case. And even if it had been, Heathers incredibly unprofessional manner would never be an appropriate way to handle any situation. The managers follow up is a clear indication that this sort of behavior is accepted and encouraged. Shameful.
Just because you have crayons doesn't make you a family-friendly restaurant. I will never go back and would never recommend it to anyone with kids.

1  Thank jojobelly
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is just another pub. The beer was good.
I ordered a salad that sounded good but the dressing was bland and horrible.
My friend had a pizza that was good, nothing special.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

After so many places that just had bar food and fries it was nice to have a dinner that had good adult food including salads and Beef Tips. Service was great as well

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you are anywhere in the area, I highly recommend you try their oatmeal stouts. They are out of this world AMAZING. I only wish there was a place back at home that I can get my hands on some of these by the case.