“Fantastic Blackberry Cobbler”

Mt. Hood Brewing Co
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: In January 1991 the Mt Hood Brewing Company opened, serving locally-produced beers and hearty pub fare in a family-friendly atmosphere. In October 1992, the newly constructed ten barrel brewery rolled out its first barrel. Eight distinctive ales are produced by the union of pure glacial water, Pacific Northwest barley and hops and the inspiration of the Mt Hood Brewing Co's brewers. These delightful beers can be enjoyed at the Mt Hood Brewing Co brewpub in Government Camp and throughout Timberline's other Mt Hood restaurants. Oregonians can also find these ales on draft at restaurants throughout the state. The Mt Hood Brewing Co was founded upon the notion that, like the best wines, beer is best produced in small, handcrafted batches utilizing the finest ingredients. The brewery's commitment to this standard demands that each keg arrives at its destination while still in its prime, fresh and wholesome. Thus, none of the beer leaves the State of Oregon. Like the beer, Mt Hood Brewing Co's food is always fresh and locally-sourced. Kids and adults alike enjoy the pub's tasty starters, signature pizzas and hearty entrees. Many menu items are prepared with Mt Hood Brewing Co beer and are best paired with a cold pint. Thousands of skiers, tourists and locals have made the Mt Hood Brewing Co an institution on the south slope of Mount Hood.
Indiana
“Fantastic Blackberry Cobbler”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stopped in for dessert only & had the cobbler for 2. It was so good, we went back another evening, just for the cobbler! It's served hot in a small black skillet with a scoop of ice cream on top. The only thing that could improve is having 2 scoops of ice cream!

Visited January 2014

Klamath Falls
“Good Local Place- 'Mountain' Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love to visit brew pubs and micro breweries (with food usually the secondary purpose). The Mt Hood Brew Pub (and Ice Axe Grill) was a good choice. It was next door to my hotel in Government Camp and an easy walk. There was a good crowd with lots of young folks for apres-ski happy hour, and some families. Football was on and the crowd was enthusiastic but not overly noisy. I easily carried on a conversation with another patron at the bar. The beer choices were good. I love IPAs, and theirs is a good one. Hoppy and flavorful. They have a lot of regulars here, the special mug rack was full!

I had a butter lettuce salad with the best bacon (chunks! not bits) ever, and huckeberry raisins.. with a creamy buttermilk dressing that was not too heavy for the salad. It was fresh tasting and delicious. I met and talked beer with brewer Jeff and some other friendly folks seated at the bar, who work in beer distribution. They were all knowledgeable and fun to talk to. Staff was friendly and the service was good. The menu is not huge, but there are some interesting looking choices. I cant wait to stop in again on my next trip to or over Mt. Hood.

• Visited January 2014
Weston, Florida
“My kids are still talking about the Mt. Hood Brewing Co.!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were vacationing in the Mt. Hood area last Summer. We stayed in a hotel located right next door. I decided that it was Daddy break time and snuck over to sample some of Oregon's finest. Boy was I blown away by the delicious brews. They were fantastic.But as Murphy's Law ould dictate my fun had to end. ...Or did it? The kids and my wife decided to stroll in and inform me that beer time was over and we needed to find some food. And that means not in a little while that means NOW. I asked a couple of the patrons in the brewery where I could find some decent food around those parts. They both almost immediately said "right here"!!. I was also told I need to make my mind up soon because in a about 10 minutes a mad rush begins with the folks up in Govt. Camp. So I decided to give it a go. We took a beautiful table out side and began to order up some of the best pizza we have ever had. And of course I had a couple more of those extraordinary beers. My kids to this day reminisce of the pizza we had in Mt. Hood on that patio. We will be back!! We loved it......Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
Champaign, Illinois
“Get the Ragin' Cravin'!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner after hiking to Tamanawas Falls(a must do hike BTW). Sat outside and had a couple beers....can't remember the exact name but it was a blonde ale as I recall....it was very refreshing after the long hike. All the food was good, but the Ragin Cravin pizza was fantastic. Our waiter was very attentive and personable. He was a snowboarder who came to Mt. Hood for the summer so he could board....really nice kid! Highly recommend stopping here for a meal.

Visited September 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Fish & Chips & Local Brews”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was late and a local recommended the Ice Axe. Glad he did!!
I had the Fish & Chips. The sandwich was very tasty & presented with a delicious mayo/aoli & great fresh-cut fries. Our server told us that the fish was Striped Bass (which is kind of unique). It was prepared very nicely... and they went expertly easy on the batter. There are lots of different sandwiches and a fish chowder, as well. Some interesting entrees are also available. My spouse had the Sheppard's Pie. It was a huge portion, and was good, NOT great. The choice of local & regional brews is ample & amazing, and they are served icey cold. The service was friendly & attentive. Great find in a rather isolated area.

• Visited September 2013