“Entertaining oddity”

The Oregon Vortex House of Mystery
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Gold Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: Funhouse where visitors can shrink, grow and stand at weird angles without falling over.
Wilsonville, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Entertaining oddity”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

So I'm pretty sure everything that happened was an optical illusion, but it was really neat to see anyway. Yes, there was a lot of measuring, but it really DID look like people were growing and shrinking in relation to one another. The guide was excellent -- he gave quite a performance, which certainly added to the experience. Being there made me feel a little dizzy (again, probably just the way the angles come together throwing off my balance).

I couldn't puzzle out exactly how most of the illusions worked, but I doubt there's anything truly supernatural happening (although I still need to see the episode of Supernatural that features this -- I guess the horse wouldn't go in, just like the legend said). My fiance was convinced there was some magic or something there... so who knows?

This attraction isn't for everybody, but we liked it and felt it was worth the money.

Visited September 2012

Gold Hill
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't go wine tasting first.........”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Always great guides... Beautiful scenery. Interesting things going on there.........????? Fun!!!! You just wonder where all the wildlife is. No birds there. No deer. No squirrels. No rodents...........kinda strange........No wind.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rochelle L
Eagle Point, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Making like a tourist”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I first visited the Oregon Vortex in 1964. Last summer I had the opportunity to take three of my grandchildren there. They had such a great time. At the same time they also learned something about vortex's. They talked about it the hole rest of the time they were with us.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lonny M
Grants Pass, Oregon
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Interesting, mindboggling site.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place is very strange indeed. Things seem to defy gravity. Natural optical illusions will have you scratching your head. Good place to take the whole family.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Interesting place!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have gone to the Oregon Vortex half a dozen times over the years and always enjoy it. I don't know the answer to the mystery - but find it facinating, none the less. The tour guides have always done a wonderful job and you can take as long as you want to experience the mysteries or optical illusions or whatever they are. Supposedly the Indians wouldn't venture near here and I can see why - it is a bit "spooky" in a delightful way. The price is comparable to any tourist attraction, but you get your money's worth.