“Really?”
Review of Jot's Resort

Jot's Resort
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed April 1, 2012

One of only a two travelers in our wing and management gave us a room right under the the other occupied room. Listened to them walking around as I tried to get to sleep then had them wake me up at 4:30 am, to the sounds of them going to the bathroom! Also they had rented to pool out to a party and paying guests could not use it until they left. Circumstance I suppose, but really?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed in a Condo at the end of the line. The view from our balcony vas so nice! We watched the boats coming in and out, and all sorts of wildlife. The room was clean and smelled ok. If i had to say something bad, I guess I would say that the parking is very cramped and hard to turn around.

Room Tip: The one bedroom loft at the end of the line has a nice view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Jots Resort had more of a Motel 6 kind of vibe. Room was very sterile feeling, spartan in decorations. The mattress was extremely firm and for me very uncomfortable. Also, only 2 very small pillows on the bed. It was clean, but being shut up, made it kind of stuffy. No A/C in the room we were in. Assuming it was the "old" section. TV in the room was dated and had poor quality. There was a very nice boat dock. Employees at desk were very friendly and gave us some good suggestions for dinner. Checkin and out was easy and hassle free. Probably wouldn't stay again. Views from the rooms are VERY nice though. Right on the opening of the harbor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We rented a two bedroom condo for a three day stay. When we arrived we found out it was on the third floor (no elevator). We have seen better furniture in a thrift store. The place even had a bad odor. We looked over two other rooms and decided to go elsewhere. Very disappointing as this place was once (1960's) very nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Jot's in a one bedroom condo that had a balcony looking out to the beautiful Rogue River! The condo was sparkling clean and very well maintained and the kitchen was well equipped with utensils for all our cooking needs. Amy and Virginia were so accommodating and knowledgeable about things to do, see and experience while were were there. We loved Jot's so much that we finagled our schedule to stay an extra 2 days! We did the Jet boat trip up the Rogue which is a must-do and also a 1/2 day fishing trip with our guide Bud. My husband caught a beautiful 16 lb. salmon on the Rogue! We are already planning our return to Jot's next year. The area is gorgeous and the climate fantastic. We have stayed on the Oregon Coast before but usually in the Lincoln City area. I highly recommend Gold Beach/Jot's Resort because the days are filled with gorgeous sunshine and delightful temperatures. We spent hours on our balcony watching the fisherman troll the Rogue. A most relaxing, enjoyable vacation. I highly recommend Jot's. It is our favorite place on the Oregon coast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you stay here in August or September you have the opportunity to catch a BIG Chinook in the Rogue River right in front of your room. Or walk the 50 feet down to the river and watch some other fisherman catch the salmon. Believe me, it's a lot more fun to catch it yourself! Lots of guides and charters available at the marina just across the bridge. Front desk can set you up, too.
Now, to the motel: Rooms are huge. Bathroom was small but adequate. Beds were comfy and pillows soft. Room was clean as was the bathroom. We were with our Black Lab so if you're allergic to dogs or don't like them, this is NOT the place for you. Every employee we ran into was great! All were helpful and personable. I would stay here again. If you expect luxury accommodations, this isn't it. However, Jot's is a nice, clean, reasonably priced motel.

Room Tip: Every room faces the river, so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We found this place randomly, by looking on the area on the internet. I always try to go for a reasonable place that has the best view on water, since we are on a west coast trip. It looked like it was on water in my search. The room we had had a balcony over looking the Rogue River and the cool Highway 101 bridge into Gold Beach. It was just a great setting and a good clean room with nice beds, better than most of the motels or hotels in their price range. We paid $110 to $120 and they gave us the sales pitch for the Rogue River jet boats. We had never done a whitewater trip and went for the 104 mile one. It was great. We saw several bears and the guide was good at spotting wildlife. But watch out for the winds. It was super windy in places, so I am glad that for the way back, I had a hood to go over my baseball hat. Dress in layers!.

Gold Beach is a cute town with a huge amazing bookstore. We never leavea bookstore empty handed. Sof ro this party or the Oregon Coast, check therse guys our. Tourism looked slow and thye could use more business I

Room Tip: get the balcony overlooking the water
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family