“Good but pricey”

Spinners' Seafood, Steak & Chop House
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Redmond, Washington
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the class joint in town but they charge for it. Its nice food nicely presented but you wouldn't expect less at these prices. I had a seafood pasta dish , wife had Parmesan chicken (slightly overcooked or at least it was 'rubbery') Grandaughter had Prawns which were excellent.
It is however an oasis of class in a town where the restaurants are average at best.

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Nice setting on the water.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had dinner at Spinner's one night and overall, it was a good experience. The service was good and the staff was friendly. I had a Caesar salad which was very good. The clam chowder was also good. The crab cakes were typical of what we found along the Oregon coast. They are made with much more filler and much less lump meat crab than Maryland style crab cakes and they just do not compare. The ones I had at Spinner's were better than some of the others I had on the same trip.

The restaurant is large but it does fill up so it is wise to make a reservation. Dress is definitely casual. The noise level was not too bad and my husband and I were able to carry on a conversation easily. I would return to Spinner's if we were ever in the area again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CarolynT5849
Roseburg, Oregon
“Friendly service, really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the good and bad reviews on this Spinners, we decided to give it a try, and I'm glad we did. Dawn our waitress was very sweet and helpful. The hostess was constantly watching to see that everything was going well in the restaurant, the Chef's specials were hard to choose from, they all sounded good. We had the Seared Tuna and the fresh Halibut. Both were excellent, the suggested Wolf Stone Pinot Noir was great. My only regret was I didnt ask them to warm up the Apple Pie desert, but it was gone before I though about it (very good too). Meals were 20-30 dollars and with an RV park 15% discount off the food, our dinner for two was less than $100 (including 2 great martini's, dinners, wine and desert). Excellent!

1 Thank Segmead
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel sits on top of a hill with a beautiful view of the ocean, if you are sitting. (Mobile home park sits just below property between the restaurant and ocean.) The food was well prepared, the service was attentive, but not overbearing. The wine list was impressive. We had steak and seafood. All were delicious.

1 Thank Lindainvegas
Roseburg, Oregon
“Excellent service, food and wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I are spending 4th of July weekend in Gold Beach, and experiencing the coast and restaurants here. Last night we dined at Spinners. I had read many good reviews about this restaurant, and a few nit so good.
We asked to be seated in the lounge which we found more intimate than the restaurant. After being seated, we were visited by three different employees/waitstaff, offering us service, from menu, cocktail orders, specials and more. This was within a couple minutes of sitting down. Can you say " great service"?
The wine list was excellent, with choices of local Oregon wines, California, and world.
The menu was one that offered so many excellent choices, it was hard to choose. However, being on the coast, I. Went with seafood. Fresh crab pasta. I will say that it was quite fresh, delicious and had as much or more crab than you see in a full pot on Deadliest Catch! My only regret was that I ate a few slices of fresh bread before dinner, and didn't have the room to lick my plate!
Bottom line, best restaurant in Gold Beach so far. A little pricy, but well worth it.

• Visited July 2014