“Good Choice”

Spinner's Seafood Steak & Chop House
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We looked at several locations, but settled on this one even though the reviews were mixed. We has great service and the food was also delicious. Our waiter was also very attentive and had some great ideas for local things to see. I had the small cut of prime rib and it was great. My friend had the hazelnut chicken and it was also great. The prices were what we expected for a place by the ocean.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We came to Spinners thru our Hotel. 15 pct discount. We were not disappointed. Well made drinks, good wine selection. 15-30$ for each of our meals that were actually quite good. Our server Mary, was a wonderful hostess and treated us like old friends. Linen and cloth, nice servings and correct temperatures for the meals. We would come back.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I moved to Gold Beach a little over two months ago and have taken my ninety-two year old mom to Spinner’s at least a half a dozen times with the service and quality of food going downhill each time. It was my husband’s birthday and being as we had eaten at the Nor’Wester twice already that week, we decided to give Spinner’s another try. We were seated at 7:00 p.m. and ordered within five minutes. We were served our salad and had finished it by 7:30. By 8:15 our prime rib had yet to be served. We hadn’t seen our waitress in that entire time. Complained to an older woman manager, she seemed unaffected. Long story short, when they finally brought our prime rib it was cold. We told the waitress this and she went back to the kitchen and came back and said there was nothing they could do about it because they were out of prime rib. REALLY? We won’t be back and we won’t be keeping the experience we had a secret…Note to other diners: Definitely try the Nor'Wester, excellent service and food.

2  Thank Susan1030
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went here for our anniversary. We drove from Brookings and when we got there, we were seated in an area of the restaurant that didn't seem like thier prime area. Wouldn't you open that first? The food was ok, it was not spectacular, nor was it great, it was ok. It was very dated, even the food arrangements were dated. I had the Filet, baked potatoe and some sauteed vegetables. The vegetable were soggy and tasted like they got cooked in a pan that last had fish in it. The filet was ok, but nothing special, even the seasoning was lacking. The bernaise was good and the potatoe was ok too. You would think for $34 for a filet that the filet would be nice, thick and juicy......not so. I would not return here.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place and said if we let them know where we were staying we would get 15% discount. Since it was within walking distance we took advantage of it. We were almost the first ones there. We were seated promptly. The menu has something for everyone, but it is a little expensive.

We had the mushroom torte which was excellent. Made from local mushrooms. Then the clam chowder, which was very good. Not too much flour and actually had clams! We also had the shrimp scampi which had 5 jumbo shrimps and was excellent. I had the Kahula Pork and it was okay. They had run out of peanut sauce and when it came I was half finished with my meal. Overall a very good meal and would recommend.