“Motel that's a holiday”
Review of Gold Beach Inn

Gold Beach Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a treat to find a beach resort among the endless chain motels. The people here are great and the beautiful beach is right in front. They have a platform just off the beach with three hot-tubs. Grab a beer and watch the sun go down. Good breakfast too. The rooms are fine, nothing special but comfortable, clean and spacious.

Room Tip: "Splurge" for an ocean-front room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JWW660

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved this place. First of all, Gold Beach is a hidden gem on the Oregon Coast. The weather is better here year-round than anywhere else. Because it is not particularly close to a major city, the tourist traffic is pretty minimal. As for the Gold Beach Inn, this place was perfect for us. It wasn't fancy, so we could relax and feel comfortable. The room was very spacious and clean. We had a comfy king bed and got a good night's sleep. Two wonderful surprises were the large (and I mean large) flat-screen TV and two recliners for lounging! The room didn't have a kitchenette, but there was a makeshift one in the little hallway outside the bathroom. A mini-frig and small microwave were placed in the closet area and there was an extra bathroom sink outside the actual bathroom door, so it worked out pretty well. And then there was the view! When we walked out onto the balcony, we were in awe. We've spent a lot of time on the Oregon Coast over the years, but this view was spectacular. I was so enchanted with the sunset that I video-taped practically the whole thing. It was an easy walk down to the beach. And what a great beach. Not at all crowded. Good for rock hunting. We could have stayed forever. In fact, if our room had been a studio condo and for sale, we would have bought it. One last thing -- the staff was very nice, helpful, courteous and efficient. Absolutely no problems there.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are actually only one flight of stairs up from the parking lot, so don't hesitat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurieJOY
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Gold Beach Inn is an older motel but the rooms were very clean. We had a limited ocean view, and the there is no pool for kids but they do have the three hot tubs that overlook the ocean. When I checked in, the key to the room didn't work and I had to get another key. When that key didn't work, I was told that "salt air" affects the keys and I just needed to work at it some. I thought an employee should have come down to the room and fixed it for me but I eventually got the door open. The breakfast that was put out was OK but nothing spectacular. My girlfriend was a little dismayed at watching the staff handle the food with their bare hands. Our room was clean and it was only a short walk to the beach so for a few days it was nice.

Room Tip: Pick an ocean view room from at least the second or third floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our room was very clean and smelled good too. Large room with 2 comfortable couch chairs, 2 excellent queen beds, flat screen TV, modern furniture that looked new. It might be a bit pricy but we do have a view of the ocean and within a 3 minute walk. Our AAA Auto card saved me $15, paid $135. They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub and their breakfast was quite good: fresh scrambled eggs, waffles, biscuits & sausage gravy, hot cereal, fruit, etc. and is included with your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brent M
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The rooms were fine - they were rustic and clean enough. The front desk staff was TERRIBLE and lacking in professionalism in a big way. My Husband called in advance to let them know that we would be in town celebrating our 10th Anniversary - doing the Jet Boats. I wasn't expecting a discounted room or anything big, but just a smile and any kind of acknowledgement that it was a special weekend for us would have been nice - absolutely NOTHING. Everything that came out of their mouths was rehearsed - our experience with the staff felt very fake and, I hate to keep repeating myself, but REHEARSED, like they were all reading off a piece of paper.
With all that said, I enjoyed our room and I enjoyed the beachfront spas, but the staff was sooooo! frustrating - so unprofessional - one of the front desk ladies (a 60 year old woman) was wearing high-tops

Room Tip: I don't think it will matter, because I don't think the front desk will even listen when you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrancesAllen
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here the end of August 2013 and was very disappointed with my room accomodations. No air conditioning in a second floor room with only a 12x24 window and very musty. Upon expressing concern I was informed that NO rooms had AC and to open the door to my room for better ventilation. Really? I was supplied a large fan that was absolutely filthy. The country blue carpeting was filthy and badly stained in the hallways and stairs albeit slightly better in the room. The TV was a small retro 18 inch model...the mattress way past its prime and comfort with a retro 70's faded spread. I did not find the staff customer focused in the least. Will not recommend or return.

Room Tip: Do not assume amenities in this location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
beachprints, Owner at Gold Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

You stayed in our most economical units which are only $84.00 even in August. The weather was 64 degrees in Gold Beach, and you simply can't run A/Cs on the coast with such low temperatures. We supplied a breakfast, 3 oceanfront hot tubs, WIFI, 7 free HBO channels, and 4 private trails to the beach. All the other hotels you mentioned charge much more than we do. Our oceanfront rooms, which are the majority of our hotels, are beautiful with wonderful views of the ocean. We have relaxing ocean breezes which are refreshing. Many of our guests appreciate this low price in the summer.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed one nite in August. The staff was very friendly and we had a choice of rooms. We opted for ocean front and were very happy with the room. Walked down on the beach and it is very nice and the almost black sand was a new experience for us Easterners used to white sand. We checked out the spas and they seemed nice, but we did not use them. There are three hot tubs available. Our room was clean and larger than usual with narrow balcony that we did enjoy. The outside lighting was brighter than our taste, especially the brightly lit sign saying "please don't feed the seagulls".... Who would try to feed seagulls at nite? But, we like being outside in pitch black, which is not a reasonable expectation at a commercial property. If we make it back to Gold Beach, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family