“Great location and good value”
Review of Gold Beach Inn

Gold Beach Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,656 helpful votes
“Great location and good value”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years. Although this motel is not 'new' it is well kept up. The furnishings may be a bit dated here and there, but this is not a fancy upscale 'hotel' - it's a reasonably priced oceanfront motel.

Since our last visit in I believe 2010, the rooms now have modern flat screen TVs, at least ours did. Our bed was a little soft and did have a low spot right in the middle, so it may be time for management to think about replacing some of them.

The balconies are large enough to sit and enjoy the view and there are solid walls in between each room for privacy. There is NO SMOKING on the balconies, but we had an unfortunate experience. The people next door were smoking on their balcony and of course it drifted into our room. We made several comments but they kept smoking. I finally took some Lysol and sprayed it over toward their room!

I did report this when we checked out and the clerk said she would make a note of it and charge them if their room smelled smoky. I hate it when people smoke on balconies, just ignoring the big sign telling them not too.

The only problem we had this visit was the breakfast - there wasn't any! I don't know if the person called in sick or what happened, but my husband went down about 8:30 and everything was closed up . . . and again just after 9:00 and still all closed. When we checked out about 9:45 there was still no sign of breakfast, so we stopped in Brookings to grab a quick bite.

But, even with that problem, the location plus the low price (I think we paid about $80) warrants a "four-dot" satisfaction rating from us. We'll stay here again, no question.

Room Tip: There are stairs, no elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank half-Brit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were torn as to whether to give this hotel 3* or 4*.

First the pros ... location on the beach is great. It's a very short walk to the beach and the view from our room on the top (4th floor) was beautiful. The room overall was very clean. The bathroom appeared to be recently redone. The women working the desk were a delight to work with! I found having two fairly new recliners in the room to be much appreciated. There were some new pieces of furniture in the room. The hot tubs are great as well and are in a great location. Price - under $100 for this view is a deal no matter where you are IMHO.

The cons - the room smelled a bit like "grandma's house" ... not that that's a bad thing necessarily. The rooms look a bit like grandma's too. The bedding wasn't the most comfortable but the bed itself was. The Internet was very slow and basically we gave up trying to use it. The breakfast wasn't much to speak of overall but you can tell they really make an effort to have plenty for people to choose from without actually cooking anything. The shower head was VERY low (at about shoulder level).

Overall I would imagine this is the best to offer IN Gold Beach. If you know what you're getting into this is a worthwhile stay. Like the title says ... Think motel, not hotel. If you like luxury you may want to check out Tu Tu Ten ($270+ per night) which is up the Rogue River and not on the ocean. The people here at Gold Coast Inn were great and do their best to help you with anything you may need. Decent stay if you know what you're getting into.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Husker4theSpurs
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We plan our trips fro reno to the Oregon Coast so we can always stay at least one night at the Gold Beach Inn. We met Cindy at the bookstore right after she bought it around 8 years ago. We had always stayed at the Inn of the Beachcomber before meeting her. She asked us to give her place a try on our next trip and we have been loyal to her ever since. The rooms are so spacious and the view is incredible. I have asthma and severe allergies and have never had a problem in their rooms. They are totally clean and I love the new drapes covered with sail boats. I work for one of the largest hotels in northern Nevada (1720 rooms) and I know what to look for when I want to find quality, value and comfort when I travel. Linda was so nice at check in, I am sure we will remain friends forever.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the 200's, which are first floor on the main parking lot. There is a lower...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicktheace
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The view from the room is worth the price at this hotel. We also appreciated the spacious room and comfy big chairs and we were delighted by the hot tubs (three of them with privacy screens around them) and the short walk out onto a gorgeous beach. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. If I were to suggest an upgrade, I'd say they could put in better bedding (pillows and comforters), but overall we were very happy with this place and would definitley recommend it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I drive all over the state for business, so I stay in a lot of hotels. Corporate policy says to stay at Best Weaterns. However, whenever I travel to this area I pay out of my pocket to stay here. I truly enjoy this hotel. The view is amazing, the king bed is super comfortable, and the staff is first class.
The only thing I would improve on is the offerings for breakfast.
I would, and do, recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Derbyshire, England
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I read the reviews before booking this and wondered about the negative ones but decided to ignore them, and we are very glad I did.
For just less than $100 we had a decent room with space and comfortable beds and an absolutely fantastic view. The room was very well decorated with some lovely pictures. Yes, I had to climb one flight of stairs to get to my room, but I knew that when I booked and I wouldn't expect an elevator for just one flight (they have 4 floors but two parking lots on different levels so you never have to go up more than one flight of steps). The area between the bottom parking lot and the beach is very nicely landscaped and a small grove of trees hides an excellent spa area with 3 Jacuzzis and again a fantastic view.
Breakfast was included and was decent given the cost of the room and far better than one we'd had the day before at a much more expensive hotel.
I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rome
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very nice motel by the sea .
we stayed only for 1 night on our way to Portland
The room was large and cosy.
The breakfast is varied and delicious, The staff is very friendly and informative about local events
Wonderfull jacuzzi on the beach with nice view.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Gold Beach
Inn of the Beachcomber
Inn of the Beachcomber
#5 of 5 in Gold Beach

Been to Gold Beach Inn? Share your experiences!