“Would not think twice of coming back!”
Review of Pacific Reef Hotel

Pacific Reef Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We (Grandpa, Grandma and 3 grandkids) had decided to go the beach in Southern Oregon for one night. Well, we were having such fun in the warm weather, etc., we stayed Sunday and Monday night. Our time at the Pacific Reef Resort and Hotel was by FAR the best place we stayed. The folks at the front desk were so friendly and helpful (100 times better than what we had experienced with the prior two hotels in the area) that we couldn't believe how fortunate we were to have gone there for our last night in town. We felt very welcomed and genuinely appreciated! We have told many of our friends about our stay and you will see us back there again another time this year. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 25, 2009

Great weather and lovely room. We were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful room with granite counters, white comforters, and a sheltered patio.

One of the best moments was sitting on the patio reading a book and basking in the late afternoon sun.

Office staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was great for us as we were fishing on the river each morning.

I would recommend the oceanfront rooms at Pacific Reef to friends and family.

Reviewed January 22, 2009

Our stay at the Pacific Reef Resort was the last night of a four day-three night romantic getaway for my wife and me. We had stayed at a nearby hotel several times in the past but this time we wanted to try something different and are very glad we did!

We stayed in one of the new ocean view rooms on the second floor because that offered the best view of the ocean. Our room was spacious, clean and very nicely furnished. It had a sliding glass door to a private deck which we left slightly open all night so as to better hear the pounding surf. That night was a wonderful ending to a great romantic getaway.

Reviewed January 21, 2009

My husband and I were seeking a motel with direct beach access. The first motel we looked at was disappointing so we decided to check out the Pacific Reef. The manager was friendly and helpful and suggested we check out the property and suggested a great rate. The rooms were very clean, looked like they had been recently renovated and the bed very comfortable. The view from the second floor was spectacular.

The beach was a great place to take a long walk, look for agates or driftwood or just sit and watch the sunset. The location of the motel was convenient to restaurants or shops and a few miles to the little harbor at the mouth of the Rogue River. There was coffee, microwave and fridge in the room and a simple breakfast of bagels and pastries in the lobby if we didn't have time for a restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2008

I initially stopped at a property two hotels south (Ireland’s Rustic Lodge) and impulsively booked a room without seeing it. When I got to the room I was horrified by the small, gloomy and antiquated environment. Fortunately, they graciously refunded my money and I walked to the Pacific Reef and booked an ocean view room with a balcony. I actually paid less than the lodge charged me (only $89).

From the hotel, you walk across a bluff to long stretches of sandy beach. I was really pleased with the new linens, carpet and furniture (very chic). I would have liked to see a cleaner, fresher bathroom and there were leaves and debris on the balcony, but overall it was nice. I had dinner “room service” delivered promptly by a nearby restaurant. The continental breakfast was fair - I liked the fruit cups you could mix with yogurt.

I think many people who drive by the property may not realize how modern it has become. I would definitely recommend it. I have paid much more for much less. The location is great and the remodeling is impressive.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank peaceminister
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed in Room 118 if I remember right. It is one of the only non-condo rooms to offer an ocean view. And it was spectacular! Our room was only $90 a night during peak season. It certainly wasn't as luxurious as one of the condo rooms may have been, but it was all you need in a room. Did I mention it had an ocean view? If you're looking to save some money, don't mind a smaller room, and won't settle for anything less than an ocean view, get room 118 at this place. Leslie was very helpful in finding this room when I called and just a pleasure to talk to. I will be staying here again and suggesting others do the same.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rotinaj
Reviewed September 13, 2008

If you stay in a room called economy and not condo, ignore the glowing reviews on this site. The condos (at twice the price) are probably beautiful, but the economy motel rooms are not in the same league.

The motel room I stayed in had a disgusting smell of mold and was nothing close to what I would call a resort room. The room was clean, however, and the wireless internet worked, barely. The pillows were paper thin and the bed was hard. Overall, I would call it a place to sleep and that's all. Given the old look of the room and the musty smell, I wouldn't pay much over 50 dollars for this room. The $95 I paid was way overpriced.

Stayed: September 2008