“Dreaming of the ravioli”
Review of Mangia Buff - CLOSED

Mangia Buff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mangia Buff is a family owned and operated restaurant, located in the Gold Rush Center across from Gold Beach Books and Chevron in Gold Beach Oregon. Mangia Buff serves Italian style cuisine and many other mixed culture dishes, with their nightly lunch and dinner specials. Their new dinning room features street side views and access to beer, wine and a full bar. Meals are prepared fresh daily and specific to each order. They offer Lunch, dinner and catering services and are happy to assist with any private event or dinning for weddings or parties. Call for reservations or questions. They are suggested but not required.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Checked out Tripadvisor reviews before heading to Gold Beach for our annual fishing trip. This new restaurant received high marks and they are well deserved. The Portabello stuffed ravioli was outstanding. My husband said his dinner was one of the better steaks he has eaten. We ate at a restaurant the following night that was 3 times the price and both agreed Mangia was the better meal by far.

2  Thank crappiegirl

Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was so nice to find this place. The Service was wonderful and the food was prepared with care. Even the Salad dressing was divine. The bread was amazing, we just couldn't get enough of it. The little touches like real cheeses on the plates and the dipping sauces and all the sauces were wonderful. The Squash was perfectly cooked and we were all very pleased with our meal.

1  Thank 22Melissa22
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We thought this family run spot would be great but our dinners of pasta were all actually terrible. Pomodoro sauce tasted of tart lemon. Linguine with clams was drenched in flavorless oil and butter to a point there was more oil than pasta. Most everything we tried was just "off" in some major way. Maybe there was a kitchen issue, but I have to say it was truly bad the evening we went. One item tried that was good was the minestrone soup. We have talked with others who had a positive experience here, but not the case for us.

2  Thank LisaT503
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm not a huge Italian fan but my family wanted to go here so we went. They were SO nice to us. That said, I did not think the food was so great. Several of my family members thought it was awesome but I did not.

2  Thank nolanc50
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently attended a fairly large meeting at Mangia Buff with around 30 people. Buff (the chef) got my food out to me quickly, since I needed to take notes during the discussion and had to eat fast. I was really impressed by the set menu our group had. I was expecting to pay double what I was charged for my meal. The drinks were generally good too, although my coffee was way too sweet. I will definitely eat here again when I return to Gold beach.

1  Thank ATL_Jacket