“innovative italian chef”
Review of Mangia Buff - CLOSED

Mangia Buff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mangia Buff is a family owned and operated restaurant, located in the Gold Rush Center across from Gold Beach Books and Chevron in Gold Beach Oregon. Mangia Buff serves Italian style cuisine and many other mixed culture dishes, with their nightly lunch and dinner specials. Their new dinning room features street side views and access to beer, wine and a full bar. Meals are prepared fresh daily and specific to each order. They offer Lunch, dinner and catering services and are happy to assist with any private event or dinning for weddings or parties. Call for reservations or questions. They are suggested but not required.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

went w/friends. we each had something different & couldn't stop raving about it. friends in Gold Beach all say the same thing - it's great!! try it - you'll love it!!

2  Thank ann k

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Mangia Buff is home-style Italian. I went for lunch and it's casual and clean atmosphere is very nice. It is in the beautifully refurbished Rush Building (the former grade school). They don't have a huge menu and I like that. Various pastas and sauces, appetizers, soups and salads are presented appetizingly. Park in back where there is plenty of room. Try it - you'll like it!

1  Thank Pam T
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I grew up in Gold Beach and every chance I got when I would go out of town I would eat Italian food because I love it so much. I have been in college for the last 3 years and when I went home to visit my parents in Gold Beach everyone told me I would have to try the new Italian place. After only hearing good things from all the locals I knew I would have to try it out. My mom and I went for lunch. We both had different things and both where EXCELLENT!! This is my new favorite place to eat in Gold Beach and I can't wait to go back to have it again!

1  Thank FoxyRacer
Reviewed March 21, 2013

During a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway, I stopped in Gold Beach for an oil change. I asked Aaron, the tech at the Chevron across the street, where to get lunch He recommended Mangia Buff.
I was seated in a hallway of what seemed like a minature mall, but it was nice, and there was original artwork on the walls. In fact, I think I sat where the banjo player was playing in the video under the photo link on this site.
I ordered some kind of salad with shrimp on it, and it was pretty good. Unexpectedly, after my salad, I was served a small bowl of ice cream. That was a nice touch.
Oh yeah, there was bread too, and it was also pretty good.
The salad was $7, plus $3 to add the shrimp. The iced tea was $1.
Also, my oil change was completed before I finished my salad, so this review can work for the Chevron as well (though I didn't get any food there.)

3  Thank eonfifty
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a very new Italian restaurant in the old elementary school building in Gold Beach, which has been refurbished with lots of local art. The food is delicious; simply prepared with fresh ingredients. The service is prompt and you are made to feel special. Although it is an hour from our home, we gladly make the trip for the whole dining experience.

1  Thank Ruth95531